JCBA Negotiations and updates for AA Fleet

Status
Not open for further replies.
You and I didn't watch the same videos I guess? All I saw was a bunch of guys pressuring Isom to put his money where his mouth is, get in there and get this done.

"One" guy talked about Delta but he had no clue what he was talking about.
Yeah I got the impression everyone in the room was smarter than Isom. Okay Weez got it

Do you know for a fact MY side is holding things up supposedly they haven't even started talking about healthcare

Let's reverse this question Al. I challenge you to find any US IAM guy who currently thinks it's the TWU who has been stalling the talks?

If your group is/has not in any way shape or form then why is the perception rolling around out there?

And US IAM guys on here and all over the system don't help that perception either when they flat out say they don't care how long this takes. YOU yourself don't care how long this takes Al.

That tells me nothing. What do you want another $1.45? What do you want to gain are you worried about the commuters? Should the IAM cave on some items for a couple of hundred commuters who knew what they were getting into? How will a signed contract change your life?

It gives me peace of mind. I'm NOT joking Al. That's the biggest thing I want out of this.

This contract is the final stake in the heart of the Vampire that was the 2003 concessions and everything "I" went through because of that.

It's the clouds finally parting Al. Yes the wages brought out the blue skies but there are still too many clouds out there for my liking.

That only means the leaders will bend on something the committee is not willing to, not sure that's a good thing................. Vote NO!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's exactly how it will be perceived whether it is true or not. The lack of communication and not setting the proper expectations will be the things that could influence a vote the most.

Last edited:
Good point. And I'm not planning on changing.

Just don't do it physically anymore. Nothing looks more stupid than a 50 something year old guy rolling around on the ground.

There are other things a 50 something-year-old guy does that look more stupid.

Let's reverse this question Al. I challenge you to find any US IAM guy who currently thinks it's the TWU who has been stalling the talks?

If your group is/has not in any way shape or form then why is the perception rolling around out there?

And US IAM guys on here and all over the system don't help that perception either when they flat out say they don't care how long this takes. YOU yourself don't care how long this takes Al.
Didn't a TWU guy file a law suit or something like that over the association that held this thing up in the beginning? Even if I could say for certain the IAM side is holding this up I say so what, we got the money and you would do and feel the same if the shoe was on the other foot

Al did you pick up on the guy who was talking about trust since 2003? To a lot of us who went through that nightmare we just want to come out of the clouds and "try" to trust this management team.

That's why we don't see eye to eye with that US mechanic. Yea HE (You) are there now. WE want to get there. And it is very frustrating waiting especially thinking it could also be your guys holding us back from it.

Sorry P. Rez and Charlie Brown but there are a lot of TWU guys feeling that way.

What is wrong with those guys representing their Members and trying to protect the very same things we value, like their Scope and Medical. If we were in their shoes, we'd do the same thing.

That tells me nothing. What do you want another $1.45? What do you want to gain are you worried about the commuters? Should the IAM cave on some items for a couple of hundred commuters who knew what they were getting into? How will a signed contract change your life?

That may be why the higher-ups are getting involved.

They need decision makers to make decisions.

Didn't a TWU guy file a law suit or something like that over the association that held this thing up in the beginning? Even if I could say for certain the IAM side is holding this up I say so what, we got the money and you would do and feel the same if the shoe was on the other foot

I'd like to hope I would be more reasonable and caring about you guys if that was the case. But you see I understand and agree with the idea behind Unionism and what that means.

Al did you know that I battled against NYer to leave you guys alone to get your own CBA. He wanted you to dump it and start JCBA talks. He won't admit it now though cause he has a personal beef with the guys who won an election and took over the TWU.

But he was well documented at the time being against you. And even the TWU under Lombardo put out a letter of support for you guys.

F us now though I guess huh?

What is wrong with those guys representing their Members and trying to protect the very same things we value, like their Scope and Medical. If we were in their shoes, we'd do the same thing.

YOU would. I'd be a lot more reasonable to listening and understanding their point of view myself.

I have from the beginning and you know that. But there does come a time when you start to wonder if you're being suckered and kindness turns to anger.

Status
Not open for further replies.