JCBA Negotiations and updates for AA Fleet

Status
Not open for further replies.
How does that work for doling out job assignments?

We sort of bid teams I guess as well in a way. We're all as assigned when necessary. In MIA there are many times we're moved off the gate to do or assist a flight somewhere else if we don't have one coming to our gate for awhile.

In DFW they rarely ever move a crew because they have enough flights on their own gates to not need to be moved.

We also have "as assigned" and "zone support" bid spots as well. The as assigned covers holes in the manning and the zone support is sent out when a flight is heavy and could use the assist.

I'm sure even when we get a JCBA each Station will continue to do it the best way it works for them to keep the operation flowing. Don't think that should be a CBA issue?

each team has an assign lead, as a CC I move to a different gate within my team each day, the assign lead assigns agents to each gate for a bank of flights, They also assign extra agents to a flight when needed ,if they are available of course.
no I don't see it being a CBA issue either nor should it imo

If they want it they should have it put it in the contract for EVEYBODY not just 3 cities. Weez maybe LGA,JFK and SJU could vote themselves in larger raises and more vacation than other cities would you vote for that Bob?

Well at least you're back to talking about the REAL reason you're in no hurry to vote on a JCBA. And Al you shouldn't have to vote yourself in a bigger raise. You should already be making more than most places do right now.

Anyway Al get to Lobbying your little butt off. Lobbying is the key to it being defeated. Get over to the TWU side and get your campaign going.

"You really don't like rotating do you" "What kind of crazy system you boys got goin on over here" "Are you people out of your cotton pickin gourds" "What kind of travesty of justice is this" "Insane I tell you, insane. Fruitcakes"

Oh and Al the entire TWU Local 501 board will be in office for another 3 years. No one stepped up to run against them. They win by defecto.

Usually it is a function of the flight operations... if there is a steady flow of flights in and out of a station, then teams (crews) are assigned to a gate, and even then, the assignments are subject to change throughout the day. In PHX we would start on an assigned gate, then as the flights taper off and part-timers go home, the leads (crew chiefs) would be assigned to load and unload assigned flights (I suspect the AA crew chiefs' heads would explode if told to get into a bin).

The polite and correct word would be "coprolite" or "coprolitic" to describe your union brothers and sisters.
Had to look that one up, I L my A off.

Usually it is a function of the flight operations... if there is a steady flow of flights in and out of a station, then teams (crews) are assigned to a gate, and even then, the assignments are subject to change throughout the day. In PHX we would start on an assigned gate, then as the flights taper off and part-timers go home, the leads (crew chiefs) would be assigned to load and unload assigned flights (I suspect the AA crew chiefs' heads would explode if told to get into a bin).

The polite and correct word would be "coprolite" or "coprolitic" to describe your union brothers and sisters.

They're heads would explode like a Hydrogen bomb. Didn't you see me asking NYer when was the last time he was in a belly to no avail?

But no none of us should want leads over Crew Chiefs anyway. Having CC's is probably the reason we have so many more members on our side than you guys. I absolutely DO NOT want a member of Management telling me how to load a flight. I want as many of them gone as possible.

And to me (the way I'm used to things of course) a Lead sounds like nothing more than a Management Gopher.

On our side Zone Coordinator Crew Chiefs give our gate Crew Chiefs assignments and in turn they get the Captains salute from me when I get their directions to follow.

They're heads would explode like a Hydrogen bomb. Didn't you see me asking NYer when was the last time he was in a belly to no avail?

But no none of us should want leads over Crew Chiefs anyway. Having CC's is probably the reason we have so many more members on our side than you guys. I absolutely DO NOT want a member of Management telling me how to load a flight. I want as many of them gone as possible.

And to me (the way I'm used to things of course) a Lead sounds like nothing more than a Management Gopher.

On our side Zone Coordinator Crew Chiefs give our gate Crew Chiefs assignments and in turn they get the Captains salute from me when I get their directions to follow.
I like it but it does seem archaic and not very productive. Leads very rarely get in the bin to begin with. Your TWU bros are going to have to understand they are going through a merger and may have to bend ever so slightly.When I came over to LGA from JFK in 1981 the LGA folk would take a bag from the cart and walk it to the plane instead of forming a chain (you know when a barn is burning down) their idea was not to touch every bag. They would have one bag on the PIT cart and 40 BUF bags on the floor their reasoning "that's the PIT cart". Like it or not Weez some things are going to change it can't be all one sided

Funny I see the coprolites and near coprolites and soon to be coprolites run circles around the new hires

I like it but it does seem archaic and not very productive. Leads very rarely get in the bin to begin with.

In some ways it was productive as the flight schedule dictated the work assignments. In PHX a typical day would start off with 3 heavy banks and after 12:00 the flights would become a fraction of those prior banks. However, nearly all the leads were full-time and still on the clock for a few more hours, so the best use was to have them work as part of the team (crew), as the part-time people were off duty by midday.

Last edited:
In some ways it was productive as the flight schedule dictated the work assignments. In PHX a typical day would start off with 3 heavy banks and after 12:00 the flights would become a fraction of those prior banks. However, nearly all the leads were full-time and still on the clock for a few more hours, so the best use was to have them work as part of the team (crews), as the part-time people were off duty by midday.
Thats still your America West thing. It takes a while to get out of that mode what you need is a huge influx of people from strong union cities. I'm here a long time and I'll never have a union mentality[/QUOTE]

I like it but it does seem archaic and not very productive. Leads very rarely get in the bin to begin with. Your TWU bros are going to have to understand they are going through a merger and may have to bend ever so slightly.When I came over to LGA from JFK in 1981 the LGA folk would take a bag from the cart and walk it to the plane instead of forming a chain (you know when a barn is burning down) their idea was not to touch every bag. They would have one bag on the PIT cart and 40 BUF bags on the floor their reasoning "that's the PIT cart". Like it or not Weez some things are going to change it can't be all one sided

Al you're talking to a guy who's moved around the Country multiple times and can't even tell you how many times I've changed apartments in the past. I have no problem with change. Change makes things interesting and of course you do hope the change is in your favor though.

I just think Management is very counterproductive and in a lot of areas useless. Not that these people aren't decent and just want a job like the rest of us. But in my view I say get rid of all the line and Bagroom CSM's, pay our members a little more to take on the responsibilities they hold now. If CC's wrote delay reports why would we need CSM's?

We used to have a lot less managers in the past and I'd like to see it get back to that. And as a matter of fact many of the ones they're hiring today are honestly clueless. They're finding these people out of Schools and it's been laughable as hell watching them trip over their own feet and have ZERO clue of our contracts.

Thats still your America West thing. It takes a while to get out of that mode what you need is a huge influx of people from strong union cities. I'm here a long time and I'll never have a union mentality
[/QUOTE]

Yea I have NO interest in doing the Low Cost Carrier America West thing. And you may not have a Union mentality Al but when you get over to the TWU side of the fence there in LGA you'll see it works pretty good.

But PHX will never gain that mentality because it's not where they came from to start with. And I highly doubt there are too many NYers itching to head out there either. Way too damn hot and barren for our tastes. (I have heard many interested in CLT though)

Al you're talking to a guy who's moved around the Country multiple times and can't even tell you how many times I've changed apartments in the past. I have no problem with change. Change makes things interesting and of course you do hope the change is in your favor though.

I just think Management is very counterproductive and in a lot of areas useless. Not that these people aren't decent and just want a job like the rest of us. But in my view I say get rid of all the line and Bagroom CSM's, pay our members a little more to take on the responsibilities they hold now. If CC's wrote delay reports why would we need CSM's?

We used to have a lot less managers in the past and I'd like to see it get back to that. And as a matter of fact many of the ones they're hiring today are honestly clueless. They're finding these people out of Schools and it's been laughable as hell watching them trip over their own feet and have ZERO clue of our contracts.
I don't understand the explosion of Managers I thought it was an AA thing. At LUS we had only a handful. Leads do the scheduling and bids. Operation agents would figure the gates etc a manager would have to ok it but never a real big stink.

I don't understand the explosion of Managers I thought it was an AA thing. At LUS we had only a handful. Leads do the scheduling and bids. Operation agents would figure the gates etc a manager would have to ok it but never a real big stink.

I'm hoping it's just a transition thing? Get the new ones up and running and get rid of the ones who just aren't going to fit in to the new AA viewpoint

(With a generous severance I hope also)

I'm hoping it's just a transition thing? Get the new ones up and running and get rid of the ones who just aren't going to fit in to the new AA viewpoint

(With a generous severance I hope also)
I was suprised by the way some (small amount) of AA managers talk to people. That would never fly at US and since LUS are the top guys those managers need to check themselves. Guess they will keep sending them to Leap of Faith till they get it

I was suprised by the way some (small amount) of AA managers talk to people. That would never fly at US and since LUS are the top guys those managers need to check themselves. Guess they will keep sending them to Leap of Faith till they get it

People are spoken to the way they allow themselves to be spoken to. And those managers learn quickly the people they can get away with it from.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts