JCBA Negotiations and updates for AA Fleet

Status
Not open for further replies.
WeAAsles said:
I'm going to go out on a limb here and change my date to July. Call me a cockeyed optimist or just cross eyed from needing to change my glasses. But I'm going with July.
Does the A/C in the classic still blow cold air? I'm not criticizing  but I would love to sit in on the negotiations to see what goes on. How many hours are they actually negotating ?This is a lot of time away from their families it's got to be interfering with their lives

Worldport said:
Does the A/C in the classic still blow cold air? I'm not criticizing  but I would love to sit in on the negotiations to see what goes on. How many hours are they actually negotating ?This is a lot of time away from their families it's got to be interfering with their lives
I do know they're all getting fat. Sorry guys but you need to take walks and eat better ok.

And yep. Cold air. I keep it maintained. If I need to replace anything big and expensive that's it. She's got to be put out of her misery. But she's still a reliable old gal.

WeAAsles said:
I do know they're all getting fat. Sorry guys but you need to take walks and eat better ok.

And yep. Cold air. I keep it maintained. If I need to replace anything big and expensive that's it. She's got to be put out of her misery. But she's still a reliable old gal.
Weez we got access to AA DECs I pulled up an RGGMIA and I will NOT be transferring to MIA.So any idea of you and me hurling back a few 64s after work are out. Tim usually says hes going to move somewhere and then changes his mind maybe MIA will be his next choice. Back to contract talk I need to get paid .

Based on the latest bulletin, it seems the company is dancing again, in negotiations. Clearly demonstrating a lack of urgency. An aggressive negotiating schedule but no intent to reach a quick agreement. It's going to be awhile. Hopefully, no one went out on the financial limb, based on the lip service provided by top corporate officials, at Town Hall meetings.

ograc said:
Based on the latest bulletin, it seems the company is dancing again, in negotiations. Clearly demonstrating a lack of urgency. An aggressive negotiating schedule but no intent to reach a quick agreement. It's going to be awhile. Hopefully, no one went out on the financial limb, based on the lip service provided by top corporate officials, at Town Hall meetings.
A real slow dance. Take the article on temporary agents I can't speak for AA but I  have not seen a temporary upgrade since before the merger with Piedmont. Maybe it's in the hubs. Yep it's going to be one of those marathon dances

Worldport said:
A real slow dance. Take the article on temporary agents I can't speak for AA but I  have not seen a temporary upgrade since before the merger with Piedmont. Maybe it's in the hubs. Yep it's going to be one of those marathon dances
maybe someone from LUS BOS can comment but there is a rumor that they did hire temps there for extended shifts.
Other than that rumor, i havent ever heard of temp agents but it is something we need to address. Here in ord, UA hires hundreds for 4 summer months so i think temp agents is something to address.
regards,

ograc said:
I was disappointed in the 7 month stall due to BOS etc, but it appears that the 2 unions are making up lost ground and i would expect a TA no later than September. I believe negotiations are moving along fine, alot quicker than last time.

regards,

Tim Nelson said:
maybe someone from LUS BOS can comment but there is a rumor that they did hire temps there for extended shifts.
Other than that rumor, i havent ever heard of temp agents but it is something we need to address. Here in ord, UA hires hundreds for 4 summer months so i think temp agents is something to address.
regards,
There is a lot of training and security clearances to go through for 4 months of work. They almost have to start two months earlier and then do it all over again the next year.Not only that they probably get screwed at every turn

AF Readers, Posters, and Trolls . Greetings from the L. Coast the CA. Republic. Home of the original LCC/ PSA . The time table for JCBA will be de-cided after the Nov. 2016 Elections . My bet is the Democrats will win by a LANDSLIDE  ! We will vote during the Holidays , most of the CBA will go into effect on DOR , and other Articles/LOA's will become effective through 2017 . VOTE ! and remember as Union Airline Workers real change will happen when the RLA is amended. Be safe this summer  and work smarter not harder it's going to ball buster . CHEERS !

Reactions: 1 person
Worldport said:
There is a lot of training and security clearances to go through for 4 months of work. They almost have to start two months earlier and then do it all over again the next year.Not only that they probably get screwed at every turn
i dont think they do all of the same training we do, only the faa requirements. For instance, i dont think they do pushbacks.  Im sketchy on this cuz ive never worked with temps but i can assure you that management at united has no problem with it.

At American, something is goin on that has our negotiators concerned enuf that they are not in agreement with the company proposals. 

regards,

psa8979 said:
AF Readers, Posters, and Trolls . Greetings from the L. Coast the CA. Republic. Home of the original LCC/ PSA . The time table for JCBA will be de-cided after the Nov. 2016 Elections . My bet is the Democrats will win by a LANDSLIDE  ! We will vote during the Holidays , most of the CBA will go into effect on DOR , and other Articles/LOA's will become effective through 2017 . VOTE ! and remember as Union Airline Workers real change will happen when the RLA is amended. Be safe this summer  and work smarter not harder it's going to ball buster . CHEERS !
Thanks!
Now I don't have to waste my time voting... :p

Kev3188 said:
The left coast is the best coast.
By Jesus KEV, you're correct about that.

As far as Unions go, the East coast has some Powerful ones. ( TWU/NY + Philly Subway come to mind).
BUT, the STRONGEST one of ALL , ( The F'n GOLD STANDARD) is the west coast I L W U, the W/C Longshoremen.
Those mammy J's..... RULE with an IRON FIST !

NHBB's you are correct . FYI. ILWU is a powerful UNION because they are not Governed by the NMB under the 1930's RLA . Latest up-date from the IAM/TWU Association JCBA FS Committee confirms my 2017 bet . My suggestion to those AF readers,posters, and trolls who continue to speculate on the FS JCBA about what are the most important issue's in our next Agreement with AAL going forward is , read the PSA /Teamster Station Agent  CBA 12/20/1984-12/31/1987. Now that was GOLD STANDARD ! CBA. We should except/ratify nothing less . VOTE ! real change might  happen in 2017 . CHEERS !

WeAAsles said:
You just hit my #1. Strong job protection and grievance language hopefully on an expedited basis. Without that what good is money if you lose your job.

And if held out of service you're paid pending the outcome of an investigation. I hear that you don't have that on your side rat and to me that gives management the control to stall which certainly doesn't work for me.
 We dont have the paid while being held of service   but what we do have is language that says if the company does not discipline you within 14 days of when they learn of the incident then they cant administer discipline

Status
Not open for further replies.