JCBA Negotiations and updates for AA Fleet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't believe the Company will want to maintain a 1 flight Scope v. the LAA 15 flight threshold.

There are many, many LAA Members wanting, hoping and expecting to get back to their home station after they closed in the BK.

The LAA side is expecting stations to open and if they don't then we have about 3 stations that could close as they're under the 15 flight threshold. (currently protected until Sept 2018 with grandfather language)

That's not even mentioning what the LUS side is hoping to regain or at least protect.

At least those Stations that were closed because of the Bankruptcy that Parker had agreed to keep open if the merger had closed earlier should be reopened.

Do you know exactly which cities that was and how many are currently IAM represented?

I do know there were a few that US held prior.

I guess you missed where I said and I quote " I CAN UNDERSTAND SOME FOLKS ISSUES WITH THE CS POLICY". Translation:Meaning they do not want a more constrictive Policy, they want it improved or at least left alone.
Seriously LA, I have been here 35 years now, I use the CS policy and it's a nice tool for whatever you choose to use it for. No need to lecture me on it, I haven't forgotten how special the CS policy is, at all. I can promise you that.
I did not miss anything.

Your comments were mostly directed at your OT rules.

Was not a lecture, just a reminder (not necessarily to you) that the CS policy has worth and it's importance should not be dismissed or underestimated.

This is a hot button issue for me because when I started at TULE we had no CS policy.

I am glad you see the value in the CS policy. :)

If you died a horrible Death tomorrow I'd just shrug my shoulders with ZERO care.

That's who you want to engage with? Tells me you have serious Mental Problems.
Yeah....... I'm the one with mental problems.

images

I'm sorry but seriously. As one member of the Human species to another I really don't know why it bothers you that I don't care even one slight wit about you.
Great, put me on ignore.

Last edited:
"They are using the future dates for the end of August and probably September to focus on the mechanics group and bring them up to the same position as fleet. Depending on the progress that the mechanics make, will depend on when we get called back. As of right now, if you want my opinion, I think this will be in early October. Again as I often remind people, this is not an official IAM briefing, just my personal briefing to keep you up to date. But it is my opinion that we will be called back in early October for the financial package to try and wrap this thing up." - attributed to Mark Baskett

CB, PRez... comment?

NYer,

I'll comment that I don't disagree with MB's assessment.

P. Rez

Well I have to admit it has been an hour since William Fa himself chose to put out that letter on Facebook. I did ask him to refute your claims and at least as of yet he has not? Neither has anyone else come out to refute you publicly who would have the believable credibility?

But we're still going forward with the MIA protest this Thursday though.

WeAAsles,

TN will be closer this time because he knows that we will have a solid CBA and knows what the tops are in the industry regarding wages and benefits. Does he have someone on the inside? Based on what he posted, NO.

P. Rez

Don't believe the Company will want to maintain a 1 flight Scope v. the LAA 15 flight threshold.

There are many, many LAA Members wanting, hoping and expecting to get back to their home station after they closed in the BK.

The LAA side is expecting stations to open and if they don't then we have about 3 stations that could close as they're under the 15 flight threshold. (currently protected until Sept 2018 with grandfather language)

That's not even mentioning what the LUS side is hoping to regain or at least protect.

I asked about this a couple days ago and either CB or Prez responded that in his opinion Scope would end up closer to LUS at 1 flight a day than to LAA at 15. That is a relief and I hope it is much closer to LUS.

At least those Stations that were closed because of the Bankruptcy that Parker had agreed to keep open if the merger had closed earlier should be reopened.

Do you know exactly which cities that was and how many are currently IAM represented?

I do know there were a few that US held prior.
To ALL . The Stations in CA. that DP agreed to in LOA are: S. CA- LAX,SAN,SNA,ONT@ N.CA - SFO,SJC,SMF . Possible depending on what is agreed to under Scope Article JCBA ??? BUR,LGB, and OAK. KHA !

Keeping things as they are will not be easy. Speculation as to where we are with any pending Scope agreement is a little fuzzy. I would hope, with all members falling under one plan by 2019, the company would be willing to offer improvements to all outstanding Articles on the table. This is where both LAA (TWU) and LUS (IAM) should be on the same page. Industry Leading? By who's definition?
Of course 1 flight a day will be difficult and I hate to say it but quite ridiculous too. What I'm saying is keep everything like it is those stations that CAN be closed will remain open in lieu of those that were going to open. I'm pretty sure we had similar agreement in the past

Of course 1 flight a day will be difficult and I hate to say it but quite ridiculous too. What I'm saying is keep everything like it is those stations that CAN be closed will remain open in lieu of those that were going to open. I'm pretty sure we had similar agreement in the past

Any thoughts for the Stations we only just had lost to us because of a forced Bankruptcy Court?

13 fine people used to work in MEM Fleet Service and one of them is a good friend of mine.

and I think that's why some peeps were upset about what I posted. We have many in ORD who have been 'guaranteed' by our TWU Local president that he will negotiate the reopening of DTW. My understanding is that isn't happening and that the company will protect all current jobs over the unborn stations. DTW was aborted and the company apparently has no interest in rebirthing it. LUS lost its current health care starting in 2018. Fa and others took a beating on some social media sites where it was said that the TWU failed in reopening the 5-10 stations they promised to open.

I have mixed emotions. I believe many LUS will like the contract, especially if they are single. But pending the undefined part time issues which could loom large, others may not like it either. I myself am very uncomfortable with the thought of losing our current LUS health care in 2018 only to dump the cash out into the IAMPF. That's a lose lose for me. Admittedly, most LUS won't read or won't believe they will get shiat on again by the Union Pension Bosses. But I 100% support taking care of the members we have instead of any compromise to lose work or stations just to get IAH, DTW, etc.

Any thoughts for the Stations we only just had lost to us because of a forced Bankruptcy Court?

13 fine people used to work in MEM Fleet Service and one of them is a good friend of mine.
MEM 10 mainline flights a day.... Sure if it were up to me. Hate to say but those 13 won't count for much in a vote. Weez you an I have been here a long time how far back do you want to go we each know hundreds who have been "separated". You know AA is a business not a not for profit charity

Status
Not open for further replies.