JCBA Negotiations and updates for AA Fleet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Contractually, you're correct. Our local overtime rules allows for CC to be picked from the OT list if there are no available CC or D1 on the shift. Essentially, it's one having a separate list.

Aside from the PTer being on the same list as the FTer, on the LAA side, we also have to worry about separate "duty assignment" lists for OT.
Ah yes, those local agreements. It's usually when it benefits the company and screws a member.
It use to be if a CC qualified person had more hours than two folks before him, they would have to hold the two less hour folks to get to the CC. Now they just bypass without penalty the two members with less hours.
Why not force the most senior qualified non D1 on the shift like they do in any other instance or find
a D1 that is currently on the clock in another work area.

Last edited:
Ah yes, those local agreements. It's usually when it benefits the company and screws a member.
It use to be if a CC qualified person had more hours than two folks before him, they would have to hold the two less hour folks to get to the CC. Now they just bypass without penalty the two members with less hours.
Why not force the most senior qualified non D1 on the shift like they do in any other instance or find
a D1 that is currently on the clock in another work area.

Well, you could try that but since the CBA is silent in those scenarios there really isn't anything in place to force the issue.

However, with a mutually agreed process we can ensure they follow a framework and hold them accountable if they don't follow the it. The MIA does very well with OT bypasses and that helps to keep the process as equitable as possible.

As in most agreements, you seldom get everything you want but the majority of the language is a benefit to the Members.

A interview for the CC job, at LUS if you are the senior guy you got it as long as you aren't on level 2 or up

In Fleet, we don't have a panel or interview for CC positions. If they implement one, it wouldn't be popular at all.

Al, during BK negotiations (if you call them that) the company offered a plan where two members of management and one Union Rep would pick the CC. I don't understand why it wasn't implemented... :)

Al, during BK negotiations (if you call them that) the company offered a plan where two members of management and one Union Rep would pick the CC. I don't understand why it wasn't implemented... :)
We used to have to go to a panel interview in PIT after the union got in it was strictly by seniority as it should be. There are people who still argue about this to this day

We used to have to go to a panel interview in PIT after the union got in it was strictly by seniority as it should be. There are people who still argue about this to this day
Here at LGA mostly the senior guys at LAA are leads not the same at LUS. In fact we have leads with just a year with the company

Bob what if youre wrong? I can see the company doing away with deicing but again why should the union give anything away in a time when the company is making BILLIONS in profits

I feel catering may be gone and I hope not bec to me that is a concession if deicing is gone concession shift swaps I seriously doubt will go away scope shall be using LUS and enhanced further
Catering wasnt gone in the sheet i received. I know that the company said in no way it wanted to stay in the catering business but it was listed as staying.

Tower is the only interview on LUS side I know of, though with what we have at night here I wonder what the questions are

Catering wasnt gone in the sheet i received. I know that the company said in no way it wanted to stay in the catering business but it was listed as staying.

Catering is among the companies most powerful leverage it seems, how many times now have the rest of the membership been sold out to keep a few hundred people in their desired classification? Even 700 once posted something to the effect that the ramp could absorb the catering head count in PHL.

Why do you guys keep letting the company play like this? Other than WN and sCO what US carrier has their own catering in-house? And LUS catering isn't even the real deal since it's just the loading of supplies and items procured by a third party vendor.

Why is catering held in such high regard by the DL 141 when they're content seeing small stations close and get filled up with part-timers at hubs?

Josh

Josh LUS catering has their own trucks and in ( I think ) 5 cities plus the hubs do their own catering not third party LAA has always done 3rd party catering--LSG
I don't think smaller cities are gonna close on this round but I cld be wrong In an era whereas the airline is making Billions there is no justification for closing cities WN has their own catering but no meals even on long hauls SWAMT can better provide details on this or any other SWA folks

Of COURSE there will be concessions. 100% positive of that.

I do believe several months ago you were arguing with me that there would be no concessions. Now your Nego's leader that just gave us an update has also said that the union was promising no concessions AND that an "industry leading contract" will be delivered, NOT just industry leading pay, or VAC, or PTO, or benefits, etc... You get it.

The union is goin to do a dues grab. It will pass. I talk to too many ord peeps that will just take the $32.
Sad to hear that. With blinders on, they just see the $$$$.

I'd also like to know the difference between our AA company CS policy and the one the Association apparently has TA'd.
Just yet another difference between these two unions rules that will have to change to one way or the other and there are still several more coming.

Agree wholeheartedly.

The lack of information is what creates the void being filled by rumors. Not setting the proper expectations is also something that will ultimately hurt the process and could make a JCBA vote fail miserably because most are looking for no steps backward, which is impossible in negotiations of this type.

I do believe without the Association things would be worse and we'd be embroiled in a representational fight that would make AMFA look like a dollar raffle. That being said, the execution of the Association has been horrendous.
Agreed as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.