JCBA Negotiations and updates for AA Fleet

Status
Not open for further replies.

swamt:

Overall value economically for the entire labor costs of the contracts on each individual represented group and BASE rates and benefits per individual, NO there will NOT be any concessions.

But if you can understand putting two pieces of a puzzle together that has some pieces people like and others might not, or have philosophical differences in treatment of a Members circumstances or status, YES there WILL be concessions.

It's IMPOSSIBLE to have a perfect contract or to please everyone as individuals find their own levels of importance in a full CBA.

(Edit: And please don't just cherry pick one sentence out of an entire context. It's VERY rude and we're NOT running for any national office as POS Politicians, thanks)

Josh LUS catering has their own trucks and in ( I think ) 5 cities plus the hubs do their own catering not third party LAA has always done 3rd party catering--LSG
I don't think smaller cities are gonna close on this round but I cld be wrong In an era whereas the airline is making Billions there is no justification for closing cities WN has their own catering but no meals even on long hauls SWAMT can better provide details on this or any other SWA folks
We do all in house except for some aircraft cleaning if not all by now. I know cleaning was done by vendors at certain locations but I think at beginning of next year all line aircraft cleaning will get farmed out. Correct, we do have meals onboard, but our catering do load and unload with snacks and drinks and some other items. Hope that helps.

swamt:

Overall value economically for the entire labor costs of the contracts on each individual represented group and BASE rates and benefits per individual, NO there will NOT be any concessions.

But if you can understand putting two pieces of a puzzle together that has some pieces people like and others might not, or have philosophical differences in treatment of a Members circumstances or status, YES there WILL be concessions.

It's IMPOSSIBLE to have a perfect contract or to please everyone as individuals find their own levels of importance in a full CBA.

(Edit: And please don't just cherry pick one sentence out of an entire context. It's VERY rude and we're NOT running for any national office as POS Politicians, thanks)
It's not rude, and you ignored the basis of the post I posted.

It's not rude, and you ignored the basis of the post I posted.

You haven't been ignored at all. Our (Association) Labor costs to the Company is/has gone up by Hundreds of Millions of Dollars per year.

Therefore our contracts are not/will not be concessionary.

Robbed thanks for the reply but the question still stands has fleet collectively given up concessions for years to protect the desires of vocal (and presumably well connected in the IAM structure) catering types? If they could have absorbed the overage on the ramp and still met the company ask in BK part 2 (2005) and kept the small stations wouldn't you have been better off? Didn't Wings post he/she also had a prolonged furlough as well?

Seems the company knows the NC has a soft spot for catering and y'all are paying the price for it (plus now LAA TWU).

Josh

I was part of the prolonged furlough at that time. While the CWA kept their cities at that time. Fast fwd. When they got the post LAA/LUS merger CWA gave up lot. And thats w Billions in profits. I believe w the newer leadership at IAM/TWU any new jcba will be as soft as say when Canale was back in 05. Wings did post he was also part of prolonged furloughed. You have to remember back in ch 11 the IAM hands were tied by a judge too.

swamt:

So anyways the xfer clerk tells me that they are planning alot of openings in clt in november. So it looks good. Im telling you because i think that suggest they are anticipating alot taking a buyout.

If you can pass the training why would you need an interview? I don't recall anyone going on an interview here

they interview here hell they hire em right off the the streets, with the predictable results, in fairness to them the managers up there are clueless dolts looking over their shoulders demanding flights get put on a gate no matter what chaos it causes pax or ground personnel .its just moving a puck to them

You haven't been ignored at all. Our (Association) Labor costs to the Company is/has gone up by Hundreds of Millions of Dollars per year.

Therefore our contracts are not/will not be concessionary.
Yes you did. You ignored the fact that you said before that there never would be concessions in this contract. Then all of a sudden the nego cmte lead nego. put out that there is concessions with the company's offer and you did a 180 on concessions and even said, "OF COURSE" there will be concessions. I don't forget the people who argue with me and when they are proven wrong, they just ignore those facts and try to move thru it hoping the others will forget, not gonna happen with me weez. That is why I started getting on this forum 15 years ago. I was sick of all the lies about AMFA, and all the complete lies by the TWU and the IAM combining. 700 use to do the very same thing, as well as two others who are no longer here because they got so bad with the lies and their mistruths. Hell weez you even said that the asso. never said or put it in writing that they promised the industry leading contract in order to get the asso. in place. And now the updates giving by video have proved this. Now qit dodging and man up to it, just admit it and move on. You might get a lot more respect from the other members here on the thread if you did.

So anyways the xfer clerk tells me that they are planning alot of openings in clt in november. So it looks good. Im telling you because i think that suggest they are anticipating alot taking a buyout.

Tim, is it in your opinion that if a buyout comes, will it be attached to the contract vote?

Tim hardly anyone can go anywhere if medical isn't attached.

Yes you did. You ignored the fact that you said before that there never would be concessions in this contract. Then all of a sudden the nego cmte lead nego. put out that there is concessions with the company's offer and you did a 180 on concessions and even said, "OF COURSE" there will be concessions. I don't forget the people who argue with me and when they are proven wrong, they just ignore those facts and try to move thru it hoping the others will forget, not gonna happen with me weez. That is why I started getting on this forum 15 years ago. I was sick of all the lies about AMFA, and all the complete lies by the TWU and the IAM combining. 700 use to do the very same thing, as well as two others who are no longer here because they got so bad with the lies and their mistruths. Hell weez you even said that the asso. never said or put it in writing that they promised the industry leading contract in order to get the asso. in place. And now the updates giving by video have proved this. Now qit dodging and man up to it, just admit it and move on. You might get a lot more respect from the other members here on the thread if you did.

If PT is included in the mix for OT and a FT member (TWU) gets less OT because of it, then that's a concession to the FT Member right?

Now take it away from the IAM side and that's a concession to the IAM PT guy right?

Now PT included in the mix for OT is a gain for PT on the TWU side right?

Solve the puzzle swamt? How does one group not see a concession on that see saw?

Unless you're just playing games here what I'm talking about doesn't take an engineering degree. A concession to one guy is a gain to someone else right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts