JCBA Negotiations and updates for AA Fleet

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I've gained both economically and in QOL issues then NO "I" have NOT made any concessions.

swamt do you understand?

The 2018 open enrollment is now available to view in My AA. For those who keep saying that the LAA medical is a non issue, take a gander at the max out of pocket and deductible numbers with the LUS vs LAA core plan. Astronomical difference to say the least. Can't believe that the other workgroups swallowed this plan without a 2nd thought. If the LAA members are willing to keep this crap without fighting for better, something is wrong...

Reactions: Tim Nelson
The 2018 open enrollment is now available to view in My AA. For those who keep saying that the LAA medical is a non issue, take a gander at the max out of pocket and deductible numbers with the LUS vs LAA core plan. Astronomical difference to say the least. Can't believe that the other workgroups swallowed this plan without a 2nd thought. If the LAA members are willing to keep this crap without fighting for better, something is wrong...
A lot of times people only look at what their pay rate is, nothing else, believe me our health plan at SWA is not that great. The best plan we have , individual $500 deductible, for anything major $4000 out of your pocket, before they pick up 100%. It is still 80/ 20 ,until you get to $4000.

It's not a matter of not fighting or not wanting to fight. It is more about the realization, after fighting for so long, that at this point the chances of making that gain are almost 0%. That realization comes from the fact that all other work groups have already agreed to the current LAA medical, as well as the union for the LUS agents. The Company spent many years and resources to get where there are now and there is no chance they let go what they have achieved.

With that said, if the TWU was in the position the IAM is in we'd be taking the opposite position we're currently in.

To me, the Association did a poor job in explaining the position each union and their Members were in and setting the proper expectation of how this process was going to drag on, although it hasn't been a surprise to some of us.

Reactions: wings396
It's not a matter of not fighting or not wanting to fight. It is more about the realization, after fighting for so long, that at this point the chances of making that gain are almost 0%. That realization comes from the fact that all other work groups have already agreed to the current LAA medical, as well as the union for the LUS agents. The Company spent many years and resources to get where there are now and there is no chance they let go what they have achieved.

With that said, if the TWU was in the position the IAM is in we'd be taking the opposite position we're currently in.

To me, the Association did a poor job in explaining the position each union and their Members were in and setting the proper expectation of how this process was going to drag on, although it hasn't been a surprise to some of us.

Pathetic Polly want a cracker?

IMG_3151.JPG

wings don't listen to anyone who tells you that TWU LAA guys don't want a better cost for our medical expenses. Those individuals who say otherwise sold out and gave up a long time ago.

And none of them (thankfully) are part of our negotiations either.

Reactions: wings396
wings don't listen to anyone who tells you that TWU LAA guys don't want a better cost for our medical expenses. Those individuals who say otherwise sold out and gave up a long time ago.

Lets also be realistic Wings, the medical not going down is not at the top of the list for W or many other TWU members. It is NOT a deal breaker.

your best plan is actually cheaper than our best plan for singles that is. Don't know about coverage

your best plan is actually cheaper than our best plan for singles that is. Don't know about coverage
The LAA Core plan costs themselves are lower, but you will pay that difference out in no time flat with the deductible. Today was the first time that I made a side by side comparison, and the out of pocket limits and deductible differ by THOUSANDS of dollars. I can say that a few bucks more into the IAM pension doesn't cut it for me. When the LUS side is looking at those numbers, it's a Huge concession. I would think that the out of pocket costs could be lowered for all on the LAA plan if an effort was made. Just because the pilots who earn 6 figures accepted this plan, is not a valid reason for everybody else to follow suit. The CWA and FA group must have been blinded by a shiny carrot. Not that my vote will mean that much with the majority of the LAA folks grabbing whatever they can that's a plus, but I'm going to be a solid NO vote..
For a profitable company of this size, it's a Sheet plan. I would like to know the top executives have this same plan, but then again they make so much that a few grand to them, is like $30 to us..

Last edited:
The plan costs themselves are lower, but you will pay that difference out in no time flat with the deductible. Today was the first time that I made a side by side comparison, and the out of pocket limits and deductible differ by THOUSANDS of dollars. I can say that a few bucks more into the IAM pension doesn't cut it for me. When the LUS side is looking at those numbers, it's a Huge concession. I would think that the out of pocket costs could be lowered for all on the LAA plan if an effort was made. Just because the pilots who earn 6 figures accepted this plan, is not a valid reason for everybody else to follow suit. The CWA and FA group must have been blinded by a shiny carrot. Not that my vote will mean that much with the majority of the LAA folks grabbing whatever they can that's a plus, but I'm going to be a solid NO vote..
I understand what you are saying, funny I never hear anyone complaining about their plan

The LAA Core plan costs themselves are lower, but you will pay that difference out in no time flat with the deductible. Today was the first time that I made a side by side comparison, and the out of pocket limits and deductible differ by THOUSANDS of dollars. I can say that a few bucks more into the IAM pension doesn't cut it for me. When the LUS side is looking at those numbers, it's a Huge concession. I would think that the out of pocket costs could be lowered for all on the LAA plan if an effort was made. Just because the pilots who earn 6 figures accepted this plan, is not a valid reason for everybody else to follow suit. The CWA and FA group must have been blinded by a shiny carrot. Not that my vote will mean that much with the majority of the LAA folks grabbing whatever they can that's a plus, but I'm going to be a solid NO vote..
For a profitable company of this size, it's a Sheet plan. I would like to know the top executives have this same plan, but then again they make so much that a few grand to them, is like $30 to us..

I am LAA and if the new wage ends up being around $32.00, and the company gets the concessionary stuff they put out in their letter, I will be voting no also. It will be a strong no. I agree with you that $32.00 and a small pension bump is not worth what LUS would be giving up.

I don't think anything I have seen would pass a majority with wages at $32.00, more outsourcing, LUS losing their healthcare, a stricter CS policy for LAA. I don't CS a lot, but if the company wants ANY outsourcing or any 'restrictions' on current policies, it will cost a lot more than $32.00 per hour for me to vote yes.

I don't think anything I have seen would pass a majority with wages at $32.00, more outsourcing, LUS losing their healthcare, a stricter CS policy for LAA. I don't CS a lot, but if the company wants ANY outsourcing or any 'restrictions' on current policies, it will cost a lot more than $32.00 per hour for me to vote yes.
Envoy has everything we do, except for wages, $32 / hour and you will fold like a cheap suit.

Envoy has everything we do, except for wages, $32 / hour and you will fold like a cheap suit.
Maybe that's your mantra Bob, but not everyone else's. Based on what I've read, you're single and don't need to be concerned about the costs of raising a family and providing medical needs to them. You appear to be willing to fold on anything, and that's pathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts