JCBA Negotiations and updates for AA Fleet

Status
Not open for further replies.
AMFA Represented Facilities Maintenance Members are only making $27 per hour right now. They’re voting shortly on a TA that brings them up to $29 (Not counting any License premium)

I’m already making more per hour than that and I don’t even have a TA yet. To think I’m making more than a skilled tradesman at SWA being represented by a Union. Something wrong with that picture?

http://www.amfanational.org/index.c...le.cfm&HomeID=675387&page=Southwest20Airlines
I would say you have the better union.

As an unskilled FSC you are overpaid.

Josh
apparently youre overpaid to spew chit about AA and US For the record as fleet service members they ought to be paid higher given theyre out in all elements of the weather 365 days a year with lives on the line as death can happen in an instant Hint DCA DASH 8 incident killed a long time employee recently a UA Express injury

Many may say that yes. But there are plenty of people in this Country I would say are overpaid and many who are underpaid.

Capitalism.

Capitalism would be non-contract employee at DGS or Eulen America type terms.

You’re the one who brought up being overpaid I’m simply playing along. The fact is the people at small stations subsidize your cushy benies and downtime between working widebody flights at D23. AA benchmarks costs across the system so someone busting their arse at say TLH contributes far more than you do, on average yet makes substantially less. You only have the above market terms because of your TWU CBA which btw top of scale for you after a major windfall is what most college undergrads START making in their careers. To say nothing of the real wages your voluntary concessions from 2003 through today.

Josh

You’re the one who brought up being overpaid I’m simply playing along. The fact is the people at small stations subsidize your cushy benies and downtime between working widebody flights at D23. AA benchmarks costs across the system so someone busting their arse at say TLH contributes far more than you do, on average yet makes substantially less. You only have the above market terms because of your TWU CBA which btw top of scale for you after a major windfall is what most college undergrads START making in their careers. To say nothing of the real wages your voluntary concessions from 2003 through today.

Josh

Josh life is not about accumulating wealth it’s about accumulating quality of life. Or how you manage the resources of what you earn. And unless you live alone on a dessert island waiting for coconuts to drop from the trees, we ALL in some way benefit off the backs of others. It’s how society works.

Oh and I think you’re wrong about MOST college undergrads BTW. You know I read a lot of BLS stats on that kind of stuff.

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.time...lege-grad-pay-2017-average-salary/?source=dam

Reactions: wings396
Josh life is not about accumulating wealth it’s about accumulating quality of life. Or how you manage the resources of what you earn. And unless you live alone on a dessert island waiting for coconuts to drop from the trees, we ALL in some way benefit off the backs of others. It’s how society works.

Oh and I think you’re wrong about MOST college undergrads BTW. You know I read a lot of BLS stats on that kind of stuff.

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.timeinc.net/time/money/4777074/college-grad-pay-2017-average-salary/?source=dam
I can't complain, I only have a 4 year degree, and I make what people with a master's degree make, so if Weezz makes what a college graduate makes, more power to him, it helps the economy.

Josh
Josh,

did you read the McGee contract and how Sito gave up the 40 hour work week? Ready reserve, split shifts, $13 buck an hour. No health care. No retirement???
That isn't just subsidizing but it forever eliminated all rampers at Alaska airline in SEA from ANYTHING. Did you see what Mike Klemm and the entire Eboard at DL141 did at United? Put out a letter saying that they would never negotiate a UGE contract that agrees to have IAM UGE peeps taking over United Airline work. Now, they are in 40 stations including some stations that came under the ramp contract, and they are fixing to go into RDU, CLT, GSO, etc and 30 other stations in the next 12 months and the asshat IAM DL 141 peeps actually signed on to it and supported the letter of agreement in the back that actually names CLT, RDU, etc as UGE work. And Klemm saying that all the laid off peeps from RDU (PJirish station) and CLT who got tossed out on the street by the IAM can re apply and use their seniority to get a few more paid days off. Did you read that LOA? All of this while your boy Rez stood down in eboard meetings. SMH. We are going to toss all of them out on the street in a big way this time and not just these rotten district people who are now stalling and hoping for section 6 where they can tell the members that the new process will take 3-5 years. You do realize Josh that if these clowns can't negotiate in this ripe environment that it won't get any better in section 6 except produce massive delays and possibly lost jobs. When we toss Sito out in April and toss all of these clowns out who make $175,000+ we will immediately mobilize our negotiations at the Association and agree to expedited talks without canceling talks for hurricaines and conventions but to negotiate a fair and progressive contract. They are taking as much money as possible from the membership and hoping to get away with it. Not happening. If they can't negotiate in this environment with $10 billion net profits then get them the hell out. It's going to happen and we will expedite things and have a fair agreement prior to the September section 6 deadline. No concessionary contract, but a cost positive.

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.timeinc.net/time/money/4777074/college-grad-pay-2017-average-salary/?source=dam

I’m talking what undergraduates make working in professional services.

You make what you do out of the benevolence of American Airlines, Inc. from the wage letter of agreement last September. The same American Airlines that made the arbitrary and subjective judgement to hire you over hundreds of other qualified applicants that were lined up in 05/1995 looking for work.

Josh

Josh,

did you read the McGee contract and how Sito gave up the 40 hour work week? Ready reserve, split shifts, $13 buck an hour. No health care. No retirement???
That isn't just subsidizing but it forever eliminated all rampers at Alaska airline in SEA from ANYTHING. Did you see what Mike Klemm and the entire Eboard at DL141 did at United? Put out a letter saying that they would never negotiate a UGE contract that agrees to have IAM UGE peeps taking over United Airline work. Now, they are in 40 stations including some stations that came under the ramp contract, and they are fixing to go into RDU, CLT, GSO, etc and 30 other stations in the next 12 months and the asshat IAM DL 141 peeps actually signed on to it and supported the letter of agreement in the back that actually names CLT, RDU, etc as UGE work. And Klemm saying that all the laid off peeps from RDU (PJirish station) and CLT who got tossed out on the street by the IAM can re apply and use their seniority to get a few more paid days off. Did you read that LOA? All of this while your boy Rez stood down in eboard meetings. SMH. We are going to toss all of them out on the street in a big way this time and not just these rotten district people who are now stalling and hoping for section 6 where they can tell the members that the new process will take 3-5 years. You do realize Josh that if these clowns can't negotiate in this ripe environment that it won't get any better in section 6 except produce massive delays and possibly lost jobs. When we toss Sito out in April and toss all of these clowns out who make $175,000+ we will immediately mobilize our negotiations at the Association and agree to expedited talks without canceling talks for hurricaines and conventions but to negotiate a fair and progressive contract. They are taking as much money as possible from the membership and hoping to get away with it. Not happening. If they can't negotiate in this environment with $10 billion net profits then get them the hell out. It's going to happen and we will expedite things and have a fair agreement prior to the September section 6 deadline. No concessionary contract, but a cost positive.

Tim they’re both awful agreements and show what a joke the IAM is and how they will do anything for dues even undermining union principles.

I don’t know why WeAA likes taunting AMTs on here. I think he is still upset he lost the election.

Josh

Josh,

You need to come up with something new Sybil.

Tim they’re both awful agreements and show what a joke the IAM is and how they will do anything for dues even undermining union principles.

I don’t know why WeAA likes taunting AMTs on here. I think he is still upset he lost the election.

Josh

You need to come up with something new Sybil.

So what is he scared of Hackman. I mean think about it, If you can make say $30 to $32 an hour, loading the aircraft , not have to worry about the FAA, that's not bad .
Very simple, scared of losing money. Like yourself, it's greed. Losing that ramper top pay if AMTs finally dump the TWu. Back when Uncle Bobby Crandall was CEO, he stated (not a direct quote) if AMTs could separate from the ramp we could be paid better, but he was not paying every one industry leading. This why he hates AMFA. The main reason the TWu attempted to appease M@R with separate locals and separate contracts. It hasn't worked so far, because AA AMTs have suffered far more under the TWu than the rampers. AMTs have never been industry leading. Will we finally "Get them next time" with a new CBA? The TWu International better hope so. We will see. Almost 35 years of TWu concessions, 15 years at the bottom of the barrel is horseshite.
R though

I don't drive a Ford
You didn't drive the WeAAsle in Dippy Dave's Ford? Huh, I guess it was another guy. He has a new one Nut Driver, a hot V6 Mustang that he thanked Parker for. Got that big raise ya know. He loves him some Parker. Dippy Dave and DUI Doug.

I’m talking what undergraduates make working in professional services.

You make what you do out of the benevolence of American Airlines, Inc. from the wage letter of agreement last September. The same American Airlines that made the arbitrary and subjective judgement to hire you over hundreds of other qualified applicants that were lined up in 05/1995 looking for work.

Josh

I don’t think I’d go so far as to say benevolence but unlike many others, yes I do appreciate what I earn.

And you weren’t specific in which undergraduate degree you were thinking of so I assumed you incorrectly meant all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts