JetBlue cutting staffing

Maybe you didn't know this, but just because you are based at (say) EWR, that doesn't mean you are required to live witin the Newark city limits.

EWR is closer to Manhattan than JFK is.

Maybe you didn't know this, but just because you are based at (say) EWR, that doesn't mean you are required to live witin the Newark city limits.

EWR is closer to Manhattan than JFK is.

Very true... and I have talked to people that have and are working for continental. They all really liked it! Its not LUV or B6, but at least its not United, NWA, or some other just out of bankrupt airline. Its a start with a company that has been turning profits when most others have falled on hard times. So I look at it as a good thing, Sure I'll want to be based out of EWR but I will be out of reserve in just a couple of years. And yes NYC is just across the river! And from what a birdy told me B6 is having a training class go through in April, which is much sooner than they thought they would. Maybe I'll get a call!

USAir does serve with trays on shorter flights, and we also served exclusively with the tray on MetroJet. It is NOT more efficient, and it would be counter-productive on a larger aircraft. Try running all trays on an Airbus 330...ridiculous. It's more feasible on a B737.

Wake up -- JetBlue operates A320's, not A330

Question??? Why would you want to limit yourself to three of the nastiest cities in the country (Newark - otherwise known as sewark, Houston, and Cleveland) and there work rules suck... just a few bits of info....

There's also the issue that since 9/11, they have not furloughed a single f/a, nor cut their pay from what it was pre-9/11. They are asking for concessions in the current contract negotiations, but then that's what contract negotiation is about, isn't it?

And, the people that they released from training after 9/11 (who were not even company employees at that point) were given recall rights for whenever CO started hiring again.

Should have been clearer - the FA's take my order as I am taking my seat during the boarding process. The aircraft is parked at the gate - not moving.
This is a way to try to serve all on shorter flights "in air less than 50 min." Our shortest has a new name...MCO-RSW. This is usually 20some minutes "in the air". I don't give a crap that it says 1 hour or less via the published schedule (how many airlines have their flight schedules available for free in print form on the a/c?). We could not serve 137 passengers on this or any flights less than one hour. FYI, we stack and pocket items to UP what we can carry each "trip" with the tray. Yes...I bid away from such as I have a bit of seniority after 16+ years, but I have knowledge from quite a few female F/A's that I know or have worked with for Piedmont/USair/AA/Delta. Carts Suck Short Hall!!!