Jetblue Employment

Haze, what position are you looking for exactly?
I respect your opinion on seeking employment with JetBlue.

My response was to make you aware that airline employment is not a good choice, be it Jetblue, Southwest or any other "progressive" company. Forget about legacy carriers as their day has come and gone.

You may look at working your way up through the ranks and,that is admirable, as a personal commitment towards your career path and that is a great quality.

If you think working nights and holidays is the way to go, more power to you. If you want to miss your kids growing up as I did, more power to you.

I don't know what your personal situation is, but I admire your outlook on your future.

All of us at one time or another started our life's paths wide eyed and with excitement. Corporate greed helped destroy morale in this industry while protecting the compensation packages of the higher "ups."

Maybe one day you will become a "higher up."

Just don't be so naive into thinking that one day Jetblue won't change with the industry. You don't know for sure what will happen down the road if and when the people running JetBlue decide to change the current business plan.

You posted here asking about JetBlue employment and, yes, this is the JetBlue forum.
But if you expected to just hear from JetBlue employees, I am sorry to put my nose where I shouldn't

Like I stated in my previous post, I started in this business when it was the best blue collar field to be in. No one would or could advise me not towork for an airline.

In retrospect, I wish a few people would have advised me not to as those posting here.

In answer to some queries, I am not well-educated in the collegiate sense and have a resume that is, well, diverse and with little longevity owing to not having found my niche. This is why I have gone back to the drawing board: in so doing I realized that my mistake has been in looking for "positions" as opposed to for a company that I could believe and excel in. After some research and positive flying experiences, I have focused on JetBlue, but not the industry itself.

From the responses people have left, the positive ones support working for either JetBlue or Southwest, in particular, while the negative refer more to the airline industry as a whole. A couple make clear that JetBlue is still its own bird, so to speak, but will eventually grow into a large carrier and become like any other, with its various shortcomings.

My question is: what will this "maturation" of JetBlue look like and how will that affect its employees. Will JetBlue have to go union at some point? Has Southwest been able to retain its individuality in unionizing and avoid becoming a Delta, etc?

Hopeful, I'd appreciate it if you could elucidate a little on your comment about corporate greed; haven't the unions and their employee members been able to protect their interests?

Also, is the airline industry particularly poor in its treatment of employees? Certain responses are quite adamantly opposed to choosing to work in the industry.

I appreciate everyone's thoughtfullness in responding and thanks for taking the time.

Haze

My advice to you if you want a job in aviation is to forget the airline side of things and get into airport management. It is much more stable and you have a lot of job security. Airlines are going to start to come and go soon and you do not want to be caught in the middle.

BOB - I wouldn't go touting the website of an organization that mimics a revolving door when it comes to standing up for it's members. The answer to your why is SW not like DL is that they know how to run the airline where everyone for the most part is positively involved in the outcome of the company. They actually have leadership that recoqnizes the big picture issues instead using problems/concerns as excuses to go after employee groups. Some airlines find that to be the easier paths to profitability than to actually manage correctly.

BOB is starting to remind me of 700 with his twisted point of view. :down:

B.O.B. said:
I actually don't ride on JB anymore. I will not fly on an airline that hires worthless pilots like yourself.

Go here and get educated: So you will not be so worthless!
[post="310007"][/post]​

Been there done that BOOB and got the "furloughed" card to prove it. Thanks for not riding JetBlue, you're not worth extra 50lbs of gas I might have to carry to haul your sorry butt.

haze said:
Hopefull, I'd appreciate it if you could elucidate a little on your comment about corporate greed; haven't the unions and their employee members been able to protect their interests?

Haze
[post="309992"][/post]​

Haze,
Airlines changed drastically since they were deregulated in 1978. Low cost carriers appeared on the scene and the major carriers did not know how to react. Then they saw a golden opportunity to go after the unions when Reagan fired the air traffic controllers in 1981.
The first airline CEO to seize the opportunity, a scumbag named Frank Lorenzo took Continental into bankruptcy, tore up all labor agreements and reorganized cutting most employees' salaries as much as 50%.

From these two major events, all airlines declared war on labor after negotiating generous contracts for decades. They saw that the government would side with management.

The corporate greed, Haze, that I speak of consists of destroying airline workers salary and benefits. Union and non-union workers alike have gotten screwed royally.

The only ones to be spared were the upper management who secured there own golden parachutes while the pain was being shared by the lowly workers.

Currently we have several airlines in bankruptcy and the judges overseeing the Chapter 11 have agreed to retain bonuses and generous compensation and increases EVEN in bankruptcy while slashing jobs and wages of the average worker.

B6Busdriver said:
Been there done that BOOB and got the "furloughed" card to prove it. Thanks for not riding JetBlue, you're not worth extra 50lbs of gas I might have to carry to haul your sorry butt.
[post="310051"][/post]​

Hey B6worthlessdriver,

I am looking forward to seeing JB's loss for the 3Q and 4Q. Your stock is going down, down, down. Maybe you will get lucky and be furloughed again! Then JB can save an extra 250lbs of fuel, because your fat a** will not be in the flight deck.

Actually, this is coming across as more of a case study by a sociologist than a job interest. I'll put it this way, telling you to work for the airlines now would be like telling you to look into getting on with a covered wagon maker in 1910.

B.O.B. said:
Hey B6worthlessdriver,

I am looking forward to seeing JB's loss for the 3Q and 4Q. Your stock is going down, down, down. Maybe you will get lucky and be furloughed again! Then JB can save an extra 250lbs of fuel, because your fat a** will not be in the flight deck.
[post="310091"][/post]​

See BOOB there is the difference between you and me. I wish the best for all even dipsticks like you. I would NEVER wish anyone to get furloughed even you Boob. You are a typical skynAAzi that thinks they are better than the rest. You clearly put way too much self worth on your job. Find a real purpose in life.

Not a bad idea, Bagbelt, bringing back the covered wagon: the horses don't need gas, just grass; the roads are well-suited, ie, no smashed wheels against rocks or getting slogged down in two feet of mud; delays wouldn't be delays, just a relaxed meandering across the landscape; no pollution; and a "you get there when you get there" attitude would predominate; and society's concept of time would be greatly altered, if not dismantled altogether. Cheap, too.

I assure you that I am a job seeker, but also a member of society. I want to understand the whole picture of the work that I'd be undertaking so that eventually I could make an impact that positively affects those around me, especially cohorts, employees and clients. I'm just trying to figure out if the airline industry could be rejuvenated in a manner that suits its employees as much as its management, while also offering an affordable and friendly service to its customers.

From what you and others have said, it seems that the money is there, it is just being mismanaged, misappropriated, and poorly distributed amongst the hierarchy.

Hopeful, thank you for the response.

Someone else mentioned airport management, I guess a different field altogether. Could you recommend a way to learn more about these two fields: that is, besides this forum, where can I go to take part in more discussion and get a better education on these matters?

Are there particular journals, magazines, www resources that stand out?

Thanks in advance...

B6Busdriver said:
See BOOB there is the difference between you and me. I wish the best for all even dipsticks like you. I would NEVER wish anyone to get furloughed even you Boob. You are a typical skynAAzi that thinks they are better than the rest. You clearly put way too much self worth on your job. Find a real purpose in life.
[post="310127"][/post]​

I don't put any effort into my job. Why you ask? Because it s**ks!

BTW numbnuts, have you lost those extra pounds fom sitting on you a** in the cockpit? That heavy weight will bite you in the a**, if you don't watch out!! Let me know if you get furloughed again. I have an excellent job idea for you. The only job requirement is that you learn these 6 words and put them to memory:

"Would you like fries with that?"

B.O.B. said:
I don't put any effort into my job. Why you ask? Because it s**ks!

BTW numbnuts, have you lost those extra pounds fom sitting on you a** in the cockpit? That heavy weight will bite you in the a**, if you don't watch out!! Let me know if you get furloughed again. I have an excellent job idea for you. The only job requirement is that you learn these 6 words and put them to memory:

"Would you like fries with that?"
[post="310733"][/post]​

Wow. Your wit and crafty literary skills are tough to compete with. I fully expect you to come up with other great retorts such as "I'm rubber you're glue......" and the ever popular "up your nose with a rubber hose". I think serving cokes suits you just fine, unfortunately you have no business being responsible for the safety of others.