Jetblue Flt 292 Bur-jfk Diverted To Lgb

VenaCavaLAX

Sep 21, 2005
JetBlue flt 292 on ch7 here in L.A. live. Airbus A320 has nose gear problems already did a fly by at LGB reports state 145 people on board. Flight was intended to go from BUR-JFK was divereted to LGB and they are talking about letting it land into LAX. The nose gear wouldn't retract on take off and is at 90 degrees, it will be treated like an emergency landing.

VenaCavaLAX said:
JetBlue flt 292 on ch7 here in L.A. live. Airbus A320 has nose gear problems already did a fly by at LGB reports state 145 people on board. Flight was intended to go from BUR-JFK was divereted to LGB and they are talking about letting it land into LAX. The nose gear wouldn't retract on take off and is at 90 degrees, it will be treated like an emergency landing.
[post="303672"][/post]​
fox news reporting the same and they dumped fuel over the ocean and will attempt a soft landing which will no doubt be rough if nose gear is turned 90 degrees.

Forgive my lack of knowledge on the A320, but I would'nt think that a/c has a fuel jettison system. Or does it?

The plane is being diverted to LAX...I should see it in a few mins I'm about 5mins away from LAX. 139 pax 4 fa's 2 flight deck crew. So far there are a few planes still landing at LAX I can see them from here.

No the A-320 can not dump fuel and the IFE is turned off in an emergency situation. God be with them... I am sure the crew is well trained and all will end well.

Last week I flew on JetBlue 179 from JFK to Phoenix. When we pushed back from the gate the towbar snapped and messed up our nose gear. They played with it for an hour then taxied all over JFK before we took off. There were no problems after that or on landing.

Damn this is surreal.

Tim
Long Island, NY

I wonder if they forgot to preflight the airplane or missed something if indeed they did check it out prior to takeoff.

:(

Anyone know the reg# on the aircraft it looks like it's "Cayman Blue" plane in service for 3 years. Should be landing in about 15mins beofre 6PM PST at LAX runway 25L it's between Imperial and Century.

Latest posts