JetBlue is considering converting some orders for A319s and A321s.

Diamondbacks2004

Advanced
Mar 29, 2004
JetBlue Airways (New York-JFK) is considering altering some Airbus A320s on order to smaller A319s and larger A321s due the proposed slotting at JFK. The A321s, if ordered, would be assigned to the larger capacity routes such as Florida.

The A321 is possible but the A319 makes no sense for B6. They bought the E190s for the same reason they would buy the 319s? My opinion would be to ramp up the rate of acceptance on the E190s and slow the A320 purchases even more than they have.

JetBlue Airways (New York-JFK) is considering altering some Airbus A320s on order to smaller A319s and larger A321s due the proposed slotting at JFK. The A321s, if ordered, would be assigned to the larger capacity routes such as Florida.

diamondbacks, name your source.

I think there is a very good chance you will see 321's at B6 by the fall of 08. We are trying to keep the same amount of seats out of JFK while we are forced to reduce departures because of the slot restrictions. They would only fly JFK to FLA.
I have heard nothing about getting 319's. Cape

There have been rumblings about this for a while. I would say this rumor has "wheels". Consideration of this option has been confirmed by highest levels of management. With flight restrictions coming to JFK it would make sense for the 321. The 319 would help transcon business in the winter when the winds are high and demand is lower. 319's could also be used in current 190 markets to slightly upsize ASM's in certain markets.