JetBlue Pilot Arrested In Boston Heroin Bust

to be fair, the fact that he was a B6 pilot is irrelevant. It was a crime and his career may very well be affected by his actions but he what he did was on his own personal time. However, it wouldn't be surprising if the FAA and/or B6 are looking for when his last on the job drug testing was done.

Plain and simple, not enough info or evidence for anything yet.  To me it seems to be true that he was only buying or purchasing for sex, BUT, who really knows, let the evidence play out for itself.  BTW where was his lawyer?  Pretty lame not to show with an attorney on a pilots pay huh???

just because he is a pilot doesn't mean that he has a lot of money.

Yes, we have a legal process in the United States and the mere mention of his arrest could tarnish his career regardless if he was guilty or not.

If he was engaging in illegal drug activity and it can be proven (drugs leave traces in the body) , the chances of him continuing his career as a pilot are slim.

It doesn't really matter why he was purchasing the heroin.  Purchasing heroin is illegal in the United States--even if you were just buying it for your sick Granny.  Illegal.  That means against the law.  A person could go to jail for indulging in such activity.

And, it also doesn't matter how much or how little money you have.  If you've been arrested on a major felony charge, showing up in court without a lawyer is not a good idea.  Throwing yourself on the mercy of the court just isn't done these days.  :lol:

Reactions: 1 person
and if you break the law and the law specifies jail time, it doesn't matter what job you do. You go to jail anyway.

I can't say why he didn't have a lawyer and I agree that when facing a major charge, you need experts to help. I'm not sure that failing to do that at the first step will make or break him long term. It takes multiple steps for him to lose his job and end up in jail.