JetBlue Skycaps

signals

Veteran
Dec 30, 2007
upstate ny
From what I see, I believe that part of JB's success is it's customer service that starts from curbside with it's skycaps. They are courteus and helpful. Sorry other airlines, but I just don't see it with your curbside check-ins!

There is talk that JB skycaps will start charging $2/a bag for curbside check-ins. Now this may work in bigger hubs, but probably not in the smaller ones where people seem to be tighter with their money!

Other skycaps think this will hurt JetBlue in the long run and make their skycaps nothing more than wheelchair pushers.

I don't know what to think other than this might make the 'customer' wonder why they are being charged for a free service that relies on tips.

From what I see, I believe that part of JB's success is it's customer service that starts from curbside with it's skycaps. They are courteus and helpful. Sorry other airlines, but I just don't see it with your curbside check-ins!

There is talk that JB skycaps will start charging $2/a bag for curbside check-ins. Now this may work in bigger hubs, but probably not in the smaller ones where people seem to be tighter with their money!

Other skycaps think this will hurt JetBlue in the long run and make their skycaps nothing more than wheelchair pushers.

I don't know what to think other than this might make the 'customer' wonder why they are being charged for a free service that relies on tips.
You have to understand that most major airlines contract out their skycaps duties. Delta just contracted out their skycaps beginning the first of March. So to expect a contractor to give you customer service is likely not going to happen.