JetBlue to sell pillows, blankets, headsets and food

Welcome to the real world, B6. The cheap labor costs, along with the low aircraft maintenance costs weren't going to last forever. A more senior workforce, along with heavy maintenance cycles will do that to an airline.

I have waited for this day; we all saw it coming. JetBlue was the industry darling and could do no wrong -- we all knew it wouldn't last. Virgin America seems to have outdone JetBlue in splashiness and amenities and is the new "it" girl of the industry. But, we all know history repeats itself and eventually, Virgin America is likely to be in this same boat, too.

I have waited for this day; we all saw it coming. JetBlue was the industry darling and could do no wrong -- we all knew it wouldn't last. Virgin America seems to have outdone JetBlue in splashiness and amenities and is the new "it" girl of the industry. But, we all know history repeats itself and eventually, Virgin America is likely to be in this same boat, too.

Yeah, they'll both become Skybus before you know it...minimum wage F/As trying to make a living selling pillows. Bring plenty of quarters, they'll probably install pay toilets, too.

The thing people keep forgetting about VX is that eventually they are going to apply to codeshare with VS and they will have enhanced revenue premiums associated with selling international travel. They will have a leg up on B6 and WN who do not sell premium high class international fares.

Most airlines don't have pillows and blankets on domestic flights. AA took them off years ago.
At least they will be available.....
A Senior workforce we are not... 7yrs.
delta 777 you are sooo superior.
what do you care if B6 sells anything??

Most airlines don't have pillows and blankets on domestic flights. AA took them off years ago.

WN does

Hey, now. It was only the pillows we (AA) got rid of. And, personally I was thrilled. Under the health laws of most states, you are supposed to change the pillowcase every leg--same law that prevents the hotel from re-using the same bed linens that you slept on last night for the next guest.

ewwwwww, airline pillows are gross....... when I first started working for the airlines way back in the day and I worked in a station where we did everything, ramp and counter..... and I first was introduced to cleaning a plane...... I swore to myself to never use an airline pillow. It's like a biology experiment gone wrong, with slobber, drool and probably lice and mites. People use them to wipe up spills. they sit on them and probably fart on them.... just gross.... they sit on planes for months on end and all the cleaners do is put a new cover on every now and then. its not hygenic at all. good riddence.

An airline is an airline is an airline. It doesn't matter what company it is.

ewwwwww, airline pillows are gross....... when I first started working for the airlines way back in the day and I worked in a station where we did everything, ramp and counter..... and I first was introduced to cleaning a plane...... I swore to myself to never use an airline pillow. It's like a biology experiment gone wrong, with slobber, drool and probably lice and mites. People use them to wipe up spills. they sit on them and probably fart on them.... just gross.... they sit on planes for months on end and all the cleaners do is put a new cover on every now and then. its not hygenic at all. good riddence.
Very GOOD Point. Why in the hell every airline hasn't eliminated them is beyond me. And what is more amazing is when you get some bimbo get all bent out of shape when you tell them You don't have any more pillows or blankets. An EXPERIENCED traveller knows how to travel and dresses accordingly. (Just because you went to Florida.......whooppeedoodoodoo (i'd rather stay home) and want to show off your tan, your fake boobs or your low riders w/coin slot is NOT my problem!). Hopefully ALL airlines will take note and follow JetBlue with this charge...........You Want It........You Pay for it..........And Keep It! :lol:

The thing people keep forgetting about VX is that eventually they are going to apply to codeshare with VS and they will have enhanced revenue premiums associated with selling international travel. They will have a leg up on B6 and WN who do not sell premium high class international fares.

Why is 'VX' not already code-sharing with 'VS'?