JP Morgan account added for equity shares

Vortilon

Veteran
Jun 22, 2004
USA
If you look at your 401K account online you will see they have added another account. Just a heads up.

On a related note: did they get approval to permit employees to defer taxes on the equity by giving you the option to direct the equity to your 401k? I think employees of the other bankrupt airlines had that option.

The letter I received said that whatever equity I receive, the net proceeds to me will be minus an amount necessary to pay the taxes and "fees." Out of $100, I'm sure I'll clear at least $10, maybe $15.

Some recent J.P. Morgan headlines...

http://dealbook.nyti...al-stage/?_r=0f "SEC said to Press JPMorgan for admission of wrongdoing" (NY Times)http://www.npr.org/2013/08/08/210062388/business-news "JPMorgan announces they are subject of both criminal and civil investigations by the Justice Department" (NPR)

A fine, upstanding financial institution. AMR retains nothing but the best for the safekeeping of employee money.

On a related note: did they get approval to permit employees to defer taxes on the equity by giving you the option to direct the equity to your 401k? I think employees of the other bankrupt airlines had that option.
IIRC,
Our 'equity' was put into our 401K.
Don't think we had any other option, but I could be wrong.
B) xUT

I think that both the company and the TWU want you to get the money now in hopes that the temporary economic relief it could bring would help quell some of the discontent with both the union and the company.

Attempted to follow the written instructions for "certifying" my equity account so that I would not have to pay the 28% capital gains tax. The system does not work as stated in the letter. It said that at a certain point, a "certification pop-up window" would appear. It didn't. What a surprise! (not)

Attempted to follow the written instructions for "certifying" my equity account so that I would not have to pay the 28% capital gains tax. The system does not work as stated in the letter. It said that at a certain point, a "certification pop-up window" would appear. It didn't. What a surprise! (not)
Mine worked just fine...sign, sealed and delivered!

For those who received stock options back in the day, you signed a w9 and it is still on file. No need to refill it out again, except for a change of address.

Then why didn't the company's 3 pages of explanation and instructions say that? As usual, they left out a piece of information that would be helpful to a large number of people--starting with all pilots, f/as, and mechanics. I think the rampers also got options in the 2003 screwing over, didn't they?

Latest posts