Judge orders FAA to review airplane seat sizes

jimntx

Veteran
Jun 28, 2003
Dallas, TX
www.usaviation.com
Group that petitioned the court for the review says airlines are out of step with increasing obesity rates in the United States. ???? So, airlines are now to reduce the money-making ability of each airplane by putting in fewer and larger seats? It's our fault that some passengers have no self-discipline?

Judge said, it's the case of the incredible shrinking seat. No, it's the case of the incredibly expanding fanny.

I have a friend here in Dallas (an Executive Platinum) who said to me one night, "You know Jim, there are now 5 basic sizes of airline passenger: Small, Medium, Large, Extra-Large, and "Oh my god it's moving our way."

http://money.cnn.com/2017/07/29/news/companies/faa-airline-seat-sizes/index.html

Considering an average male's shoulder width is between 18.25" to 20+" (depending on if he works out or fat) having a seat width of 17 inches is insane.
This is why I hate flying.
I have always had wide shoulders, I used to work out, but now I am 'portly' (IE. fat).
My shoulder width hasn't changed much, but now I am more of a rectangle than an inverse trapezoid.
men-measurement.jpg

If you look, the shoulders are much wider than the a$$.
Just my 2 cents...