Judge Rules That Delta can stay at Love field

BABABOOY

Veteran
Jun 15, 2007
Dallas judge rules that Delta Air Lines can stay at Love Field
“In considering the public interest, the Court finds the chaos and inconvenience of disrupted service by removing Delta from Love Field before the legal issues are decided would be a great disservice to the public,” U.S. District Judge Ed Kinkeade wrote in his ruling. “Forcing Delta to cease flight operations at Love Field would necessarily require its passengers to be rebooked on a Delta flight from another airport or to have their ticket purchase refunded, requiring them to find alternate travel arrangements, possibly at greater expense if on short notice.”

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/news/business/aviation/sky-talk-blog/article53780900.html#storylink=cpy

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/news/business/aviation/sky-talk-blog/article53780900.html#storylink=cpy

http://www.star-telegram.com/news/business/aviation/sky-talk-blog/article53780900.html

Both Kev, and Jim are correct, it's just another delay for Delta to stay a little longer.  Not over yet, it will more than likely go to trial and get dragged out even longer with delays, protest, and appeals, just to allow Delta to "Stayyyyyyyyyy, just a little bit longerrrr" yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, stayyyyyy, just a little bit longer."   

So why not give Delta a time frame to move the flights to DFW from DAL?  They have done it before, just give them the time. Hellooooooo???

You just gotta LUV this politic B.S.

I hope Delta gets thrown out of DAL. Their constant fight to resist another Atlanta airport I hope is a losing battle. They cry about not having fair access at one airport and then try to squash any competition at another airport. Tying up 2 gates for 5 daily flights is poor utilization of limited gate space.

Reactions: 1 person
swamt said:
Both Kev, and Jim are correct, it's just another delay for Delta to stay a little longer.  Not over yet, it will more than likely go to trial and get dragged out even longer with delays, protest, and appeals, just to allow Delta to "Stayyyyyyyyyy, just a little bit longerrrr" yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, stayyyyyy, just a little bit longer."   

So why not give Delta a time frame to move the flights to DFW from DAL?  They have done it before, just give them the time. Hellooooooo???

You've be right all along. Wait no you have not. Three months for a judge in Texas to rule against the home town airline. Now goes on to a whole court test only if wn pursues that course. Ball now in wn court. Now we will see what they do. DL will just keep having more flights from the dfw area to Atl then anyone else. No monopoly for wn on dal -Atl. That's what counts.

swamt said:

Well i would say because DL never planned to move from DFW to DAL in the first place?

dash8roa said:
I hope Delta gets thrown out of DAL. Their constant fight to resist another Atlanta airport I hope is a losing battle. They cry about not having fair access at one airport and then try to squash any competition at another airport. Tying up 2 gates for 5 daily flights is poor utilization of limited gate space.
Well it good to see you don't know what you are talking about. 

wanna compare Delta's share at ATL to WNs at DAL? But as normal for the WN fan base monopolies are wrong and legacies should give the world to WN, but WN should be able to have all the monopolies they want. 

topDawg said:
Well i would say because DL never planned to move from DFW to DAL in the first place?

Well it good to see you don't know what you are talking about. 

wanna compare Delta's share at ATL to WNs at DAL? But as normal for the WN fan base monopolies are wrong and legacies should give the world to WN, but WN should be able to have all the monopolies they want. 
DAL has a much smaller terminal and not nearly as many gates. Not a valid comparison. To use or misuse 2 gates for 5 daily flights by Delta when SWA can operate many more times that many flights is a waste of space and a disservice to the flying public. Delta dropped their DFW hub,why not go back there and add the flights Delta has at DAL. A city the size of Atlanta should have another commercial airport as does IAH,ORD,LAX,SFO, and others. Delta wants to maintain its current monopoly at ATL by opposing another airport. 

Kev3188 said:
Is the Legend Terminal still standing?
Nope, the gates were demolished as required by the five party agreement and federal law and what's left of the terminal building is used by CBP.

metopower said:
Three months for a judge in Texas to rule against the home town airline. Now goes on to a whole court test only if wn pursues that course. Ball now in wn court.
Not quite, Skippy. All that Kinkeade did was there wasn't a pressing case to kick DL out of DAL before the other rulings were handed down. It's easier to preserve the status quo than to take an action that changes the status quo and is ultimately reversed later.

The various cases are still proceeding in their respective venues.

eolesen said:
Not quite, Skippy. All that Kinkeade did was there wasn't a pressing case to kick DL out of DAL before the other rulings were handed down. It's easier to preserve the status quo than to take an action that changes the status quo and is ultimately reversed later.The various cases are still proceeding in their respective venues.
Well skippo my point was in reference to the fact that others on this board had said that DL stood no chance on this issue. Now go on and try your insult elsewhere.

My point is you're acting like it's halftime when this was just the coin toss.