Judge tosses out DL's Ex-IM bank suit

Things come in three... IAM threw out its application, this got thrown out, and now the JV application with AM is thrown out...

Reactions: 6 people
since there are a number of major legal issues pending, there will be winners and losers.

The focus on the ME3 is a multi-faceted approach.

and the Ex-Im case alone involves far more than just a single judge.

whatkindoffreshhell said:
Boeing as a manufacturer is far more irreplaceable  to the US economoy than an airline.
two things

1) really? no airlines......no Boeing. 
2) more importantly, even without ex-im its not like airlines aren't going to order boeings. Boeing is just kissing the ME3 ass (a bit to much, IMO) lately. 

EK isn't going to go all airbus because Airbus simply can't keep up. Same reason you aren't going to see the US3 go to a single OEM for widebody or narrowbody aircraft. 

and even Boeing is smart enough to see that the ME3 can't possibly replace all of the orders their non-ME3 customers have if those carriers are so damaged by the ME3.

Boeing is trying to get as much of the pie as it can before other carriers quit ordering airplanes because they don't want to saddle themselves with enormous amounts of debt that they will carry for 20 years while the ME3 take huge chunks of the US and EU market.

WorldTraveler said:
and even Boeing is smart enough to see that the ME3 can't possibly replace all of the orders their non-ME3 customers have if those carriers are so damaged by the ME3.

Boeing is trying to get as much of the pie as it can before other carriers quit ordering airplanes because they don't want to saddle themselves with enormous amounts of debt that they will carry for 20 years while the ME3 take huge chunks of the US and EU market.
I don't think they are. 

look at the 77X. That is plane basically for the ME3. The 779 is doing better but the 778 is literally ME3 only. 

of course when you order 200 777s.....I would probably build a plane for you too..... 

the model is not the point... the fact is that if the ME3's major long haul competitors quit ordering aircraft because their finances are in bad shape, the ME3 can't possibly order enough aircraft to replace what the EU3 and US3 don't worry.

If the ME3 are allowed to start flying the Pacific and expand on the Atlantic - and Australia has repeatedly said NO to them, the hurt to the US3 and ME3 PLUS the oldline Asian carriers will be enormous.

That make Ex-Im it an official loss for DL's lobbying efforts...

Word has it that DL and the "We Don't Like Emirates" group lost on the battle over the Gulf carriers.

eolesen said:
That make Ex-Im it an official loss for DL's lobbying efforts...Word has it that DL and the "We Don't Like Emirates" group lost on the battle over the Gulf carriers.
I'm wondering if the dramatic drop in oil prices and the fact that the futures market is speculating that oil prices may not rise to $60.00 again till 2024 may solve the problem of the gulf carriers for the N American group? If those governments have been subsidizing those airlines they might not be able to afford to much longer?

Lots of articles saying that OPEC's reign of terror is over. The sheiks will be fine of course but the people over there are going to start feeling the pain.