July - US Pilots Labor Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thankful we have luvthe9 to tell us what to think, how to vote, and when it's time to coerse our coworkers.

We can't be trusted to decide these things for ourselves.
You know Traitor, someone has to do it have you looked at how many don't vote yet love flapping their mouths with what's wrong with everything I would just like to see everyone vote, You must be very upset at the political ads on TV for Romney and Obama they are telling us "what to think and how to vote" go figure.

I'm okay with GH being more vocal about a contract. Just not too vocal, like MC did, with negative results. Why? Because you cannot overplay a weak hand.

Speaking of cajones, how about BM doing exactly what you suggest, EVEN THOUGH he may violate the C&BLs and UOM - and bring on the ire of the leadership.

I will be somewhere over the midwest during the Town Hall on Monday. Would someone kindly see that the following questions/issues are addressed? Pretty please?

1. Are we better off with an MOU or without one?
2. Are we better off with a marginal MOU or none at all?
3. If the BPR or membership rejects an MOU, can and will the company simply circumvent USAPA?
4. What protections do we absolutely, positively have to have in any MOU?

Reactions: 1 person
Just someone else thoughts also Have you thought how much attention and leverage is being lost by not utilizing the free media blitz in Clt, at the upcoming DNC. We find ourselves the host carrier by default and we have no informational picketing scheduled. The democrats would love to see it, the NMB would see our determination, and the company would find themselves trying to explain how we have record earnings, with pilots in year 8 of a bankruptcy contract, and no negotiations in progress. We could not be given a bigger gift. Why is our president not using this opportunity? I sense he is not acting in the best interest of the membership because he has made a deal with Tempe already, one we can only guess about. We need to be pushing for a contract for us, not just hoping the aa deal will happen. It is absolute BS that we can no longer negotiate because there is no seniority resolution. I can prove it... the Kirby deal is sitting on some desk in Tempe. I have a message for our President. " Show me a man who says he has no enemies, and I will show you a man who has never done a damn thing with his life." unknown author. Time for Gary to make some decisions that piss off more than the pilots who he represents

Have you or the other person suggested this to the BPR?

Maybe it would do the above, but I doubt it. At a base meeting last year our attorney said there is little chance that ANY group would be released during an election year. And isn't one of the President's right hand men Jerry Glass' best bud. No, all I think would happen is that all those ready to party would be irritated by the added congestion slowing down their changes to raise hell.

The RLA keeps the peace. I doubt any politician on either side really cares.

I guess I should have said that, however thought most would know, sorry fellows, he's right. Let's hope Janet get's in though.
Sure. Just what this place needs. Another furloughed pilot in leadership position. Talk about over represented portion of the seniority list.

So much for independent thinkers. Support anyone that will go along with McKee and the Cleary agenda.

Just someone else thoughts also Have you thought how much attention and leverage is being lost by not utilizing the free media blitz in Clt, at the upcoming DNC. We find ourselves the host carrier by default and we have no informational picketing scheduled. The democrats would love to see it, the NMB would see our determination, and the company would find themselves trying to explain how we have record earnings, with pilots in year 8 of a bankruptcy contract, and no negotiations in progress. We could not be given a bigger gift. Why is our president not using this opportunity? I sense he is not acting in the best interest of the membership because he has made a deal with Tempe already, one we can only guess about. We need to be pushing for a contract for us, not just hoping the aa deal will happen. It is absolute BS that we can no longer negotiate because there is no seniority resolution. I can prove it... the Kirby deal is sitting on some desk in Tempe. I have a message for our President. " Show me a man who says he has no enemies, and I will show you a man who has never done a damn thing with his life." unknown author. Time for Gary to make some decisions that piss off more than the pilots who he represents
How did the picketing go a couple years ago? The public does not care about pilots. The democrats don't care about pilots. The last thing they want at their convention is labor problems. If picketing was effective usapa would have 100 pilots in DCA every week as the law makers leave for home.

Just more east on east fighting. Hummel does not picket McKee complains. If Hummel had called for picketing MCKee would complain. Just keep fighting it is good entertainment.

For guys that talk about unity you east guys got none.

Guess not...
Meep-beep!!! :p

Please inform mev when the great one arrives...ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

What about fodase?......ZZZZZZZZZZZ...cricket chirps.....ZZZZZZZZZZZZ

It's pretty obvious you are all talk and no action. If it were up to you you would be walking over the backs of east pilots that have more than payed their dues.

If it were up to me we would be picketting Doug Parker's house and making this personal

Status
Not open for further replies.