Justify Syria

delldude

Veteran
Oct 29, 2002
Downrange
www.youtube.com
Syria is so out of hand, Congress now wants something done.

Why is it our issue?

Assad already offed around 100,000.

Now it turns out 100 may have been killed by Bush's hidden WMD's.

IT'S TIME TO ACT!

Obama to seek approval from UN? What about our Congress?

Obama said Al Qeida is dead but we are sending them arms in Syria. Don't forget those pesky 400 surface to air missiles that disappeared after the Benghazi incident.

Invest in body bag manufacturers....Obama is about to go on a roll.

Syria is so out of hand, Congress now wants something done.

Why is it our issue?

Assad already offed around 100,000.

Now it turns out 100 may have been killed by Bush's hidden WMD's.

IT'S TIME TO ACT!

Obama to seek approval from UN? What about our Congress?

Obama said Al Qeida is dead but we are sending them arms in Syria. Don't forget those pesky 400 surface to air missiles that disappeared after the Benghazi incident.

Invest in body bag manufacturers....Obama is about to go on a roll.

IF Assad is using POISON GAS......Level the F'n place using missles from underwater Subs ONLY. NO planes that could get shot-down !
Besides the Turks are 'Fed-up-to-HERE" with Assad, so it wont be long...........!

I think they need to take care of this on their own. If folks in the ME are uncomfortable, let the UAE, Saudi's and the rest of them put some skin in the game. No need for this to become a proxy war between Russia, China and the US.

Syria has been screwing around with chemical weapons since the 70's and now people are worried? There are theories that Egypt gave Syria chemical weapons in 73 for the Yom Kippur war. Then when the US decided to support Iran in the 70's (not Syria's friend) they decided chemical weapons would be a good self defense. Russia has been helping out the Syrian's by supplying conventional arms so it stands to reason they helped out with chemical weapons and technology as well. There are declassified docs somewhere on line that show the Russians were helping them out quite a bit. Israel claims that Syria has the largest stock pile of chemical weapons in the world (that's a nice fuzzy feeling).

Given their history, is anyone really surprised that Assad is using them? Like I said, let some of the ME countries step up and do something. Not sure why we always need to be the ones sticking our a$$ out the window.

Reactions: 5 people
So basically your saying the U.S. should stand down and let others take care of business..........So much for being a "World Leader" !
But then again, when has the current administration ever been considered "World Leaders" !

Bear, one other thing. Do you really think its a good idea to blow up a chemical weapons depot? Think that one through for a second.

South.
You seem all gung ho to semd troops into another foreign country who does not like us to play cops and robbers. How many more body bags and US flags would hou like to order so you can claim the US is a word leader? How many war bonds will you buy because I can tell you right now I am not willing to pay one more penny for another usless war in the ME. We already have had two that were not paid for my Congress and we sure as hell dont need another one.

You are dam right that I would be percectly happy to let the ME take care of their own dam problems.

Current admin? Bush was doing that cbit for 8 years and how far did that get us? Two conflicts that are expected.to cost over $6 trillion when all is said and done. And you call your self a conservative? Horse chit.

Reactions: 4 people
World leader does not mean global cop

The only ones that have a slim chance of policing the ME are the rich and powerful Arab /Muslim countries in the ME

Let them

Intervene only when it is absolutely necessary in order to protect our interests

That would be in the spirit of the founders

And the only, possibly, slimly possibly, "solution" for the US

Syria has the largest stock pile of chemical weapons in the world. They have delivery systems. They purposefully delayed UN inspectors from visiting. They shelled the area before and after the attack. Where would a rag tag group of rebels get the weapons? So you agree with the Chines and Russians? Given the actions of Assad how unlikely is it that he would not have used the weapons?

I am not arguing that this is a reason to place one US life at risk but wake up and smell the roses.
[background=rgb(227, 209, 148)]"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." - Holmes[/background]

Reactions: 4 people
Syria has the largest stock pile of chemical weapons in the world. They have delivery systems. They purposefully delayed UN inspectors from visiting. They shelled the area before and after the attack. Where would a rag tag group of rebels get the weapons? So you agree with the Chines and Russians? Given the actions of Assad how unlikely is it that he would not have used the weapons?

I am not arguing that this is a reason to place one US life at risk but wake up and smell the roses.
[background=rgb(227, 209, 148)] [/background]

After killing 100,000 with conventional arms why kill a mere 100 with chemical weapons? That doesn't flush either.

I'm sure chemical weapons aren't very hard to come by in the ME, especially if someone is trying to set up the US......would be the best thing to happen if US got into the dance.....for the rebels....Al Qeida rebels that is.

Yeah, Syria does have a very large stockpile of chemical weapons, Saddam gave them a pile.......LOL

The US said there was "undeniable" proof of a chemical attack, on Monday.

I heard this before another war I think.

Syria crisis: Russia and China step up warning over strike

Funny if they suddenly want to cash in their T-Bills.

I guess the global military-industrialist complex isn't making money since we pulling out of Iraq and Afghanistan.

What wold be the advantage for the US to be involved in yet another civil war in a country where the people do not like the US?

Reactions: 6 people