KC Chiefs player kills girlfriend, self.

Kev3188

Veteran
Oct 5, 2003
Right in the middle.
Player kills his girlfriend, then goes to Arrowhead, where he shoots himself in front of the coach & GM.

Wow. o_O

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/jovan-belcher-kansas-city-chiefs-kills-self-suicide-kills-girlfriend-team-facility-120112/

I found myself wondering if he'd had a bunch of concussions...

It *is* something to care about if for no other reason than there is now a child w/no parents...

After watching the Alabama/Georgia game yesterday, I have no doubt that players who are NFL caliber have suffered multiple concussions by the time they even play their first NFL game.

And yes, there is a three month old baby with no parents. Very sad. The only good thing is that the baby will probably not remember the incident. That is little consultation as she will have to read about it later.

So his GF did too?

No Dell, they are beginning to fully understand the effects of repeated blows to the head. One seems to be a propensity for aggressive or violent behavior. Combine that with steroid abuse and who the hell knows what might happen.

I have personally witnessed the effects of Dementia Pugilistica (punch drunk) in some former fighters I've met and it isn't a pretty sight. It now appears that it takes far less to damage ones brain permenantly then we first thought.

No Dell, they are beginning to fully understand the effects of repeated blows to the head. One seems to be a propensity for aggressive or violent behavior. Combine that with steroid abuse and who the hell knows what might happen.

I have personally witnessed the effects of Dementia Pugilistica (punch drunk) in some former fighters I've met and it isn't a pretty sight. It now appears that it takes far less to damage ones brain permenantly then we first thought.

Your link inferred he had Gehrigs disease which is usually fatal.....which tells me you are leaning that way as far as his actions.

That with depression over it, I'm sure contributed but why the GF?

They should have cancelled that game, but they didn't, and in a type of 'fate'...KC won the game.
Why cancel the game.

I heard that some even wanted to wear a badge with the guys number. He is/was a murderer. Whether he was sick is another issue. No reason to glorify him or his actions. I am glad that they chose to move on.

Back