Latest absurdity (or Jump the Shark part XII)

Several other airlines have stopped using ticket jackets. Time to stop thinking every change is a huge, world changing event. I can't remember the last time I've seen a ticket jacket on US, NW, UA or AS, to be honest, though I almost always check-in online.

I almost always check-in online.
I was gonna say, UA got rid of its fancy shmancy gold FC ticket jackets? I know CO gives out ticket jackets. I really don't care, although if you are flying FC or Envoy, particularly Envoy, I would say they should use them.

In the overall scheme of things, I agree that ticket jackets arent going to make or break us, however, there are people who could use them. Next time you're in line ready to board behind a huge family thats digging thru their carryons for their boarding passes, you'll understand what we're saying. :blink: :shock: It's probably not a big deal to anyone in the company with the possible exception of gate/baggage agents.
I agree that they should only be given out on request and it would be nice to have something with phone numbers and all the important mumbo jumbo (that no one reads), but at least its there when you need to point it out to someone! :up:

Slightly off topic, but I wish US would print all BPs on one piece of paper. This would minimize the fumbling around. NW now prints all legs for a given travel day on one piece of paper, both for online and airport check-in. The BP is scanned/keyed and then handed back to the passenger. It's a great system.

Edited to add baggage tag #s are also now on the same piece of paper when printing boarding passes at the airport.

Slightly off topic, but I wish US would print all BPs on one piece of paper. This would minimize the fumbling around. NW now prints all legs for a given travel day on one piece of paper, both for online and airport check-in. The BP is scanned/keyed and then handed back to the passenger. It's a great system.

Edited to add baggage tag #s are also now on the same piece of paper when printing boarding passes at the airport.

I agree, but alot of it has to do with an IT department that is at least 5 years behind the times. such as US.

I like how CO will e-mail you a PDF file of the boarding pass, or to send it to a fax machine if you don't have a printer handy. Very good for someone on the road.

Also CO is testing the sending an electronic boarding pass to your cell phone so no paper is used.

I agree, but alot of it has to do with an IT department that is at least 5 years behind the times. such as US.

I like how CO will e-mail you a PDF file of the boarding pass, or to send it to a fax machine if you don't have a printer handy. Very good for someone on the road.

Also CO is testing the sending an electronic boarding pass to your cell phone so no paper is used.
I cant imagine this at the gate. I could see it now, 50 people all standing in front of the jetway looking for a confirmation code on the cell phone they dont have a clue how to use, blocking the way for everyone else...

I was gonna say, UA got rid of its fancy shmancy gold FC ticket jackets? I know CO gives out ticket jackets. I really don't care, although if you are flying FC or Envoy, particularly Envoy, I would say they should use them.
I disagree.

Our Envoy pax are on their PDA's while the plane is still on the runway: They are checking their connecting flight status, checking in with the office, etc..... It's an online world, folks. You still need that shiny ticket jacket to let 'em know you are in Envoy? :lol:

Time for ticket jackets to be gone....

GO GREEN! :up:

And when are we gonna start recycling again? :rant:

Back