Lav Servicing the A380

xUT

Veteran
Dec 28, 2009
SanFranFreako, KommieFornia
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgN7dsMtqkk

Is this similar to other fleet types?

Is there a special blue juice for ETOPs airplanes or are they all the same?

Looking for expert advice... :p

B) xUT

Reactions: 2 people
Kev3188 said:
Unsung heroes...

Related: Thank God the "doughnut" is a thing of the past...
True, can't dispatch without min lav service.
Even if the 'sky natzi' will not let you use it when the seat belt light is on.
It;s OK that I hung out on a Huey on monkey straps flying 80Kts NOE but I can't manage to get to the lav.

JMHO,
B) xUT

Reactions: 1 person
Kev3188 said:
Unsung heroes...

Related: Thank God the "doughnut" is a thing of the past...

I worked with this big strapping type guy who was servicing the fwd lav on a 27' who disregarded my many warnings about standing in front of the chute when pulling the donut with the tee handle instead of coupling the hose......he looked good in blue with shades of brown.

Reactions: 2 people
xUT said:

Is this similar to other fleet types?

Is there a special blue juice for ETOPs airplanes or are they all the same?

Looking for expert advice... :p

B) xUT
I stand in awe of your awesomeness. ;-)

BTW, they are "Honey Wagons" not trucks...

Why not a dump truck?

320_TL700_Ford.JPG

Does anyone beside me see the irony in the video picture above that the title is "How Airplane Toilets are Cleaned", and the only truck recognizable as to its function is the catering truck?  :lol:

777 fixer said:
One job I always dreaded, lav work.

You should have gotten to know the dump valves inside the tank. One perk in being the junior guy in the Hydraulic/Component Shop on daylite. Rip the bellows off and soak in sanitizing fluid for a month, then disassemble. Just like Crackerjack, a surprise in every one.

delldude said:
I worked with this big strapping type guy who was servicing the fwd lav on a 27' who disregarded my many warnings about standing in front of the chute when pulling the donut with the tee handle instead of coupling the hose......he looked good in blue with shades of brown.

I never understood that; I mean, it's not like the coupler is hard to put on/take off, ya know?

delldude said:
You should have gotten to know the dump valves inside the tank. One perk in being the junior guy in the Hydraulic/Component Shop on daylite. Rip the bellows off and soak in sanitizing fluid for a month, then disassemble. Just like Crackerjack, a surprise in every one.
A month?!

Kev3188 said:

I never understood that; I mean, it's not like the coupler is hard to put on/take off, ya know?

A month?!

The valves went in the juice until the Lav Shop needed repaired units which sometimes went longer than a month. Line/ O Haul changed out the entire assy and sent to the shop.