LAX Policeman injured removing passenger from Frontier flight

jimntx

Veteran
Jun 28, 2003
Dallas, TX
www.usaviation.com
I don't know the exact date, but happened within the past week or so. A passenger started fighting with Frontier flight attendants about her carryon bag--either she didn't want to put it in the overhead bin or expected flight attendants to put it there.

Police were called to remove her from the flight after she became physical with flight attendants. She fought with the police. From what I was told by a Frontier flight attendant, the police ended up having to drag the woman from the plane. She hit one of the officers with her carryon, then scratched his face when she hit him with her hand that had a large ring on it.

The kicker: Turns out she was a non-rev. Can you say, "kiss your travel privileges goodbye?"

Happened Thursday afternoon:

http://www.dailynews.com/news/ci_15376257

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2010/06/woman-told-to-check-carryon-bag-arrested-on-suspicion-of-attacking-lax-police-officer.html

I don't know the exact date, but happened within the past week or so. A passenger started fighting with Frontier flight attendants about her carryon bag--either she didn't want to put it in the overhead bin or expected flight attendants to put it there.

Police were called to remove her from the flight after she became physical with flight attendants. She fought with the police. From what I was told by a Frontier flight attendant, the police ended up having to drag the woman from the plane. She hit one of the officers with her carryon, then scratched his face when she hit him with her hand that had a large ring on it.

The kicker: Turns out she was a non-rev. Can you say, "kiss your travel privileges goodbye?"
Well, ''IF the individual in question was in fact a Non Rev, not only should she Lose Her Travel privleges, but How About Her JOB!? The airline certainly wouldn't put up with THIS Behavior from a Paying Customer and W-H-Y should they tolerate IT from one of their rank and file? I am sure there is a whole DRAMA that necessitated HER Actions but WHO wants or needs to put Up with Her? Back in the Day, there was a saying "Non Revs are to Be SEEN, not HEARD".......some people don't QUITE GET IT and will Test Your Patience and Tolerance Every flight they Board. There is Nothing Worse than a Non Rev that is "NEEDY' (the I want/I need/I gotta have) or the one's that want TO TAKE everything that Isn't Nailed down.

I would wager that she was using a Buddy/Companion pass. Seems like she had an entitlement attitude that is all too prevalent these days.

Well, ''IF the individual in question was in fact a Non Rev, not only should she Lose Her Travel privleges, but How About Her JOB!? The airline certainly wouldn't put up with THIS Behavior from a Paying Customer and W-H-Y should they tolerate IT from one of their rank and file? I am sure there is a whole DRAMA that necessitated HER Actions but WHO wants or needs to put Up with Her? Back in the Day, there was a saying "Non Revs are to Be SEEN, not HEARD".......some people don't QUITE GET IT and will Test Your Patience and Tolerance Every flight they Board. There is Nothing Worse than a Non Rev that is "NEEDY' (the I want/I need/I gotta have) or the one's that want TO TAKE everything that Isn't Nailed down.
Oh, there's no doubt she was a non-rev. I heard a little blurb on the radio news about a passenger disturbance on Frontier, but not where or what. I called a friend who is a flight attendant for Frontier, and she gave me the rest of this story. She didn't know whether it was an employee, family, or buddy pass traveler, or even if she was directly "Frontier" non-rev. All Republic employees now show up on Frontier's passenger list as Employee when non-revving. There's no differentiation between those who actually work for Frontier and other Republic employees.

As far as the rest of your post, may I say AMEN, BROTHER! On AA flights, I can always tell the D3 (buddy pass, non-immediate family) non-revs. They start their predeparture orders with the expensive liqueurs--ever had Courvoisier and Coke? Or, Kahlua and Sierra Mist? How about a Grand Marnier and Coke? YUCK!!!

As far as the rest of your post, may I say AMEN, BROTHER! On AA flights, I can always tell the D3 (buddy pass, non-immediate family) non-revs. They start their predeparture orders with the expensive liqueurs--ever had Courvoisier and Coke? Or, Kahlua and Sierra Mist? How about a Grand Marnier and Coke? YUCK!!!
[/quote]

Yes, it's the season of Amateur weekend travellers. Have had demanding, rude D3s this past few months. Got to the point where the #1 on one flight looked up who the D3 was and found out she was getting passess from a retiree who is on A9 status. A phone call was placed to this retiree. Don't know if anything else happeend. His/her D3 wanted the #3 to list all the drinks we have and kept asking for French Toast when she was told twice, omelette or cereal. She also wanted us to put her bag. When we didn't, she asked a FC pax to do it. Her hair was a mess and she was dressed like a tart from a 70s movie. Why the agents in MIA let her on in the first place is beyond me.

Latest posts