layoffs in management

nonrev

Aug 7, 2004
HIGH COMMAND
Visit site
Curious about the management cuts in other staions. Here in Pit it has been minimal with more starting today thru the end of next week. Just wondering if they will just eliminate unfilled positions or will they actually trim some dead branches off the tree.

Curious about the management cuts in other staions. Here in Pit it has been minimal with more starting today thru the end of next week. Just wondering if they will just eliminate unfilled positions or will they actually trim some dead branches off the tree.
I don't know specifically about how many station managers are being cut. However, Revenue Accounting was included in the same layoffs with station managers and the open positions were taken into consideration but people were eliminated above and beyond the already open positions. Some departments already had well over a 10% vacancy of positions, and 10% of people were still eliminated. So, it's anybodys guess what will happen. We could find no rhyme or reason how they determined what people were being let go. Supervisors showed up fully expecting to let people go, and they in fact were the ones who were let go. So, it seems that really only those at the top know what is going on.

Live branches are more likely to be cut.

I'm sorry to see anyone lose their job. Could this cut be the beginning of the end of LGA and DCA as crew bases?

OMG! I'm a FA in LGA and my management team is still here. So much for urban legends, perhaps another department here. I'm thinking CHQ has more "management" types that can get unemployment :down:

Why does everyone want LGA to go away? If you want to get rid of the shuttle product then by all means close LGA. That will really serve all well.