layoffs in management

Looks like it's true that DCA and LGA Inflight Base Managers are out. The bases will now be managed by the current BOS manager. Interesting...

On the Invester call today they said head count has been reduced by 2,000 people.

More info, 600 is the managment, Pilots & Fa' and some from LAS.

3/4s of the Managment were in PHX, 50% were attrition and the other half RIFs.

The rumor in Pit is 75 non-union will be eliminated. They seem to be less than halfway there doing it like 5 at a time. The company seems pretty serious this time and no-one is safe here in steeler country. What is going on at phx and clt?

All management in PIT plant mtc. were cut today. I think they kept the $9 per hr administration rep.

I'm not going to name names in order to protect the dignity of the three people I know personally who were terminated today in this latest round of management layoffs. They are all from the same, small department. That said...

1. They are all East.

2. Between them they have 100+ years of experience with the company.

3. I worked with them for years, and have seen and experienced first-hand that they are all very talented and do outstanding work.

The manager was replaced by someone from the West with less than half the experience, who was his/herself replaced in his/her former role and who has demonstrated a failure to manage effectively within the last six months -- that resulted in multiple public black eyes for the company.

I'm eager for an explanation, other than a distinct preference for West personnel versus East, why Tempe seems to continually replace the competent with the incompetent, besides the truism "birds of a feather flock together."

When someone under you has more experience than you, they are a threat. It is also very easy for them to exploit your competence or incompetence. In order for you to feel secure in your position, you must rid yourself of the more experienced workforce. Once that is done, you promote those that are less intelligent then you. Thereby you will have no one that will challenge you when you make dumb decisions, as a more intelligent employee would do.

I'm sorry to see anyone lose their job. Could this cut be the beginning of the end of LGA and DCA as crew bases?
Thats what I am worried about...???
anyone have any thoughts...

As far as DCA is concerned.... there are more f/a's there then BOS and LGA...

DCA is the second money making system behind PHL..... as far as revenue goes...

and HOW much will the company spend to overnight crews in LGA and DCA.... a LOT... :shock:

Personally heard about some of my former workmates being let go today. All are outstanding people with superior knowledge of the airline industry.They were all senior people from the east side, in a department that was more "family" than workmates. Hopefully these people will be seen as an asset in their new endeavors. US didn't see them as such.
Truly sad day that over 100 years of airline experience was let go, because the west "brain trust" are younger,smarter and know more about airlines, than you do. Just ask them.They'll tell you. They don't need your insight and knowledge on avoiding mistakes that you made and learned from in the past.You are old and just reluctant to change.Not that you've gone through it and learned from it, you're just hard to get along with. Doesn't bode well for the future.
Trust me when I say that after being gone for 2 years, there is life after US. A much better one!

Greaser,How is GSE holding out,any news there..... :unsure:

PHL GSE..... they are hiring foreman off the street. Plus the goof on the roof is still here.
PIT GSE...... no cuts yet but they have 1 manager, 3 foreman and 1 tech foreman for 21 mechanics. It is only a matter of time before the pink slips are handed out!

Latest posts