layoffs in management

I'm not going to name names in order to protect the dignity of the three people I know personally who were terminated today in this latest round of management layoffs. They are all from the same, small department. That said...

1. They are all East.

2. Between them they have 100+ years of experience with the company.

3. I worked with them for years, and have seen and experienced first-hand that they are all very talented and do outstanding work.

I find it very interesting that, in spite of these affected employees having had several years of service, they were all relatively young -- i.e., started with Piedmont or USAir early in their careers -- but their ages (mid-40s through early 50s) combined with their years of service made them just about eligible for early retirement. Coinkydink?

I find it very interesting that, in spite of these affected employees having had several years of service, they were all relatively young -- i.e., started with Piedmont or USAir early in their careers -- but their ages (mid-40s through early 50s) combined with their years of service made them just about eligible for early retirement. Coinkydink?

I left this out of my earlier post intentionally because I'm not litigious.
None wanted to leave. All are devastated. Too young to retire. Too old to find other careers.

They were chronologically the three oldest in the department. I don't think that's a "coinkydink."

Now that the buzz saw is running, when they gonna clean out all those old foreman hanging out in Pit SSB? These guys are hiding under the title of vender liasons. What a deal. If they were serious they would hit there big time....

If the people NCFL is referring to are the ones I think they are, this is a terrible loss to the company; they are among the finest and most dedicated employees I know of.

What a loss to a company that desperately needs quality people.

I'm not going to name names in order to protect the dignity of the three people I know personally who were terminated today in this latest round of management layoffs. They are all from the same, small department. That said...

1. They are all East.

2. Between them they have 100+ years of experience with the company.

3. I worked with them for years, and have seen and experienced first-hand that they are all very talented and do outstanding work.

The manager was replaced by someone from the West with less than half the experience, who was his/herself replaced in his/her former role and who has demonstrated a failure to manage effectively within the last six months -- that resulted in multiple public black eyes for the company.

I'm eager for an explanation, other than a distinct preference for West personnel versus East, why Tempe seems to continually replace the competent with the incompetent, besides the truism "birds of a feather flock together."
i heard ....that makes me sad, i cant believe they took them!!! :(

Now that the buzz saw is running, when they gonna clean out all those old foreman hanging out in Pit SSB? These guys are hiding under the title of vender liaisons. What a deal. If they were serious they would hit there big time....

Yep lots of folks in hiding,lots of liaisons most are liaisoning there arse........ :up: :up: :up:

The mechanic to foreman is higher than the mechanic to lead ratio.. :down: :down: :down:

From the ABC News on 20/20 last night:

Fired For Being Too Old: Unfair or Good Business?

By JOHN STOSSEL and FRANK MASTROPOLO
July 25, 3008

Excerpt:
Age Discrimination Is 'Like a Disease'

George Hayes, a 54-year-old from New Jersey, is suing the global advertising agency McCann Erickson for age discrimination.
"Any company can fire you when there's a reason," Hayes said. "There didn't seem to be any reason other than how old I was."

Welcome to the 'new' America :down:

B) xUT

:eek:ff: Cousin Brucy was my favorite. Wanted to be like him. Did a little over 2 years in radio in the 60's. Oh well wasn't quite him :lol:
Back to topic...sorry for all the good ones who have lost their positions & I wish them nothing but the best.

:eek:ff: Cousin Brucy was my favorite. Wanted to be like him. Did a little over 2 years in radio in the 60's. Oh well wasn't quite him :lol:
Back to topic...sorry for all the good ones who have lost their positions & I wish them nothing but the best.
:up: That was WABC ? or WILS ? :up: