Lets "put up...or SHUT UP" about the fiscal cliff, shall we !

Aug 20, 2002
www.usaviation.com
With 5... F I V E days to go until the F-C,................................ I say,...BOEHNER 'CAVES' !!

What say you ?

C'mon ' cooler regulars "..STEP UP, don't be Shy.

T I C K - T O C K.........T I C K - T O C K / C L I F F - C L O C K....... C L I F F - C L O C K !

Well bears...here's my take. We need to cut spending. No doubt about that. We also need to increase taxes. No doubt about that either (unless your Grover NOrquist). The POG (Party of Grover) hung themselves when they started to referring to these millionaires as "job creators"...since they have done a pretty shitty job of creating jobs with the tax cuts they had.

Now they are balking about raising taxes on these guys. And they'll hold out. And taxes will go up on everybody. Now...the middle class won't hurt too bad since their taxes weren't cut all that much in 2001. But they'll go up enough for them to notice. And when it hit's these guys that their taxes went up because the guys THEY like...the republicans...held out because they didn't want taxes on Donald Trump..then they'll be pissed. And the republicans are counting on this to push a huge wave or republican supporters. But a funny thing will happen...the economy will get the "medicine" that it needs. It's the "short term pain" that the republicans didn't want to talk about, but that needed to be done. And the economy will turn around by...oh....say 2015. By 2016, us folks in the middle class might be seeing a tax cut. And come November 2016, the voters will go "I'm doing pretty good now" and they'll have a little tax cut. And IF they look back to 2013, all they will remember is the repubilcan opposition to raising taxes on the "rich guys". So they'll pull the lever for Hillary. And the right wingers will suddenly start shitting bricks.

Reactions: 1 person
And when the Republicans hold out because the Democrats don't want to entertain spending cuts, the middle class will notice that not only is the GOP to blame, but the Demorats also......................I wouldn't count on them getting all the independents, they've gotten the last couple of times ! But, feel free to twist it which ever way, makes you feel better ! Wealth-Envy................it's a disease !

TICK-TOCK !

I say let's all go over it together and let the chips fall where they may !
Wonder if Barrack will bail me out, instead of GM this time !

Reactions: 2 people
And when the Republicans hold out because the Democrats don't want to entertain spending cuts, the middle class will notice that not only is the GOP to blame, but the Demorats also......................I wouldn't count on them getting all the independents, they've gotten the last couple of times ! But, feel free to twist it which ever way, makes you feel better ! Wealth-Envy................it's a disease !

TICK-TOCK !

I say let's all go over it together and let the chips fall where they may !
Wonder if Barrack will bail me out, instead of GM this time !

YOu don't get it do you? We NEED to fall off the fiscal cliff. But the POG is fighting hard to keep those tax cuts in place for the "job creators" (who have done a lousy job of creating jobs). The democrats HAVE offered up spending cuts....the POG is standing firm on tax increases. We'll all have a little short term pain...the POG will get blamed, and as the economy recovers, the credit will go to Obama. And then we'll be swearing in "Madame President" in January 2017.

IT's kind of fun to watch the republican party disolve right before our eyes.

A most valid point...K C flyer.

OK, so far we have........'2' to go over the FC (though for very DIFFERENT Reasons)
And .......................'1' for a Boehner CAVE-IN-JOB.

(Thanx KCF and southwind for participating)

C'MON..NEXT, Step right Up,.........Don't be BASHFUL !

I say regardless of reasons and consequences, let's all hold hands and take the plunge.

I dont have much to lose or gain either way and I am tired of hearing about it on the news.

The term Fiscal cliff is so bogus and manipulating it is a joke, the cliff is nothing more than pre negotiated tax increases and spending cuts, if they don't like them all they have to do is negotiate another budget. Any way no real spending cuts or defecit reduction is going to happen becuase the politicans are chicken and the public is stupid!

Reactions: 1 person
Obama wants to increase taxes across the board. Once raised, he can let it sink in for a while, take in revenue, and lower them for middle class votes. That is how stupid they think we are.

Obama wants to increase taxes across the board. Once raised, he can let it sink in for a while, take in revenue, and lower them for middle class votes. That is how stupid they think we are.

Dell, if Obama were to walk on water and heal the lepers, he still wouldn't get your vote. Neither will Hillary. But what you say is pretty much right...and here's the thing...if we REALLY want to address this "fiscal cliff" (the Y2K problem of this decade), then we need, spending cuts...you POG's are on board with that...and we need tax increases. Really pretty much across the board. Not some smoke and mirrors using deductions and claiming that it's going to result in tons of new money coming in. Actual increases. It's the "short term pain" that neither party really wanted to address.

And what will Joe Six Pack see when we fall over the fiscal cliff? Well...his paycheck might go down by about $50 or so. Crappy to have less to bring in, but not so bad if it's combined with those mandatory cuts going over the cliff entails. After a while, he'll wonder why there was such a ruckus about this "fiscal cliff" anyhow...he might actually begin to realize that the Bush tax cuts didn't really impact him all that much. And the economy will begin to turn, and you're right... a well time tax cut to the MIDDLE class - giving them back that $50 they had to give up will make them feel really good about the democrats. And they'll remember that new tax cut come 2016. Then Hillary will get elected and the right will froth at the mouth for 8 MORE years.