LGA Expansion

I give up with you,a friggen half page response to an issue over a true decade. And as expected, you went into your textbook rant about how Delta is superior to all.
I won't concern myself with a plan B for US, as I'm realistic enough to know that isn't and never will be in my hands. I have a life outside of the industry, and when I'm out of it, I can assure you that I won't be consumed by what's going on with it.

Reactions: 1 person
Anyone that posts as much as he does is already over the edge. Admitting that you created another user name to counteract things that go against your main user are an indication that one should seek mental help. WT likes nothing more than to post here, as he has no life and
thinks that this is a way to be heard by the aviation world. The masses have seen thru his sham, and they are speaking out

Why do you care what someones motivation is to post on this forum? Everyone has their own point of view and brings a unique perspective that's the purpose of a forum. If they wanted to restrict this to active airline employees only the moderators/supervisory unit of this site could do so but they haven't. So what if he or anyone else enjoys posting here? Good for him. You spend a lot of time here too so couldn't I say the same?

And was that ten years ago? Do you have a comprehension problem. I could care less what they do with them, as it won't hurt me, and it wont benefit you. It's sad that you have to live in the past by hanging on every move that your former employer makes. Do you really think that Delta gives a crap about you? A true fool at his best. From what I've heard, they nor any of your coworkers shed a tear when you left.
No one individual in any industry or company is indispensable. Period. Not even Steve Jobs, Thomas Edison, Henry Ford, etc. It's revealing that when you disagree with someone you resort to name calling and attacks.

Just a side note there WT, people tend to support things that are in their best interests, and things that may affect their future. Given that neither of these are factors for you is precisely what makes your agenda suspect to many. Your point of view is now that Delta has merged and expanded to where they want to be, and now that same scenario isn't what's best for others. You constantly drive your point home how Delta will not sit idle while others attempt to make competitive moves, yet you expect others to do just that. I know that ideally you would prefer Deltas competitors to sit idle while Delta takes over the world, but that ain't gonna happen.
I guess that you have forgotten Deltas failed strategy of banking on the collapse of US. Being knowledgeable is one thing, and being biased is another, and that my friend is the route of our problems.

Again, who cares what any individuals motivation for posting is. This is a public forum serving a diverse group of individuals. If you don't like the contributions someone makes feel free to ignore their posts, there is even a feature you can set on your profile to ignore posts from select users. Instead of seeing their content by default you must "opt-in" to view it, however any replies to the ignored post will still be displayed along with the original quote.

Josh

Reactions: 2 people
Either way, your fascination with Delta is absurd. Why anyone would be so consumed and excited about what ANY company does is beside me. So what Delta has done this and that strategic stuff, big deal. What's your return on it? I guess that you were one of the people too blinded to realize that you WERE nothing more than an employee number to your beloved Delta Airlines, and if you believe differently you truly are a fool. Talk to some of the retirees that they screwed over, and maybe that will open your eyes. I know people who work and have worked at Delta, and I can assure you that they paint a much different picture than you do. It's very apparent that you are trying your best to impress someone at Delta with all of your rhetoric. From what I have heard, they know who you are, and their not all that impressed.
Keep it up though Timmy Boy, and maybe someday Richard will humor you and take you aboard as his personal limo driver. I can just see him now jumping out of the car once you fill him in with all if your industry expertise....

Who is Delta Airlines? They don't exist. I only know of Delta Air Lines headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia.

Delta Air Lines serves more than 160 million customers each year. Delta was named by Fortune magazine as the most admired airline worldwide in its 2011 World's Most Admired Companies airline industry list, and was named the “Top Tech-Friendly U.S. Airline” by PCWorld magazine for its innovation in technology. With an industry-leading global network, Delta and the Delta Connection® carriers offer service to 341 destinations in 61 countries on six continents.
Headquartered in Atlanta, Delta employs more than 80,000 employees worldwide and operates a mainline fleet of more than 700 aircraft. A founding member of the SkyTeam global alliance, Delta participates in the industry’s leading trans-Atlantic joint venture with Air France-KLM and Alitalia. Including its worldwide alliance partners, Delta offers customers more than 13,000 daily flights, with hubs in Amsterdam, Atlanta, Cincinnati, Detroit, Memphis, Minneapolis-St. Paul, New York-JFK, Paris-Charles de Gaulle, Salt Lake City and Tokyo-Narita.

http://www.delta.com/about_delta/corporate_information/index.jsp

Josh

Are you the forum Nazi??? And I really don't give a rats a$$ if you find that offensive..

You still don't understand why it is offensive to some people and you probably never will just shows how insensitive and uneducated you are. It's not funny to throw around terms "Hitler this" "Nazi that" for some here those words have painful memories and implications. Ever heard of the Holocaust? I'm done engaging with you.

Josh

You still don't understand why it is offensive to some people and you probably never will just shows how insensitive and uneducated you are. It's not funny to throw around terms "Hitler this" "Nazi that" for some here those words have painful memories and implications. Ever heard of the Holocaust? I'm done engaging with you.

Josh

Josh

No your not...

Jim,
It is ALL an estimate until the final results are posted... but it IS an estimate and B6 made it.

And I never said otherwise so that's a straw man. It was you that tied the decrease in B6's RASM to DL (and are doing so again) while I just gave an alternate possibility. Your biggest failing, aside from having difficulty saying you're wrong, is in taking a grain of truth and building a skyscraper dedicated to DL from it. You tend to see everything through the rose colored glasses of DL adulation.

Jim

Ok, Joshie thanks for selectively quoting all of my posts. If you would read all of his BS you would clearly see how biased it is.
By the way I'm still waiting for you to tell us who you work for. Hopefully then I can go over to a forum of theirs to piss and moan about everything.

Josh

I suppose that you could just leave if you don't like it.......

Once again, we can debate semantics til the cows come home, but there should be no doubt that DL's LGA operation is targeted at a number of competitors and with respect to the intra-NE operation, B6 is clearly in DL's crosshairs. B6 built a hub at JFK based on its ability to stimulate local traffic WITHIN the NE and to use that local traffic to sustain its flights elsewhere in the US from JFK - markets such as Florida where DL has had a strong historic presence.

While what you state above could be correct, it is also plausible that DL isn't targetting B6 at all. Isn't it kind of foolish, even for an airline like DL (which ofcourse has the brightest management in the world), to remain in a sustained, long term battle with B6 for price-sensitive domestic leisure travellers at JFK? DL was probably more than a little happy that US was willing to give away slots at LGA. This allows DL to continue to grow valuable international traffic at JFK while at the same time get more domestic capacity at LGA where lower cost competitor B6 is really a small player. If one were a B6 fanatic/lunatic you could say that DL ran away from B6 at JFK into a safer place at LGA. But ofcourse you won't do that because, to paraphrase the Iron Sheik: "DL is #1, AF/KL is #2, all other airlines hacktui!"

Whether you want to admit it or not, DL "trumped" B6 by basically duplicating at LGA a big chunk of B6's hub operation at JFK... it doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize that LGA is the preferred airport for NYC local passengers and the fact that DL is adding a SUBSTANTIAL amount of capacity in markets where US didn't really bother to compete and left the market to either UA/CO at EWR or B6 at JFK WILL result in revenue gains for DL at the expense of other carriers and strengthen DL's ability to compete in other markets such as NYC-Florida which DL operated on a point to point basis before but which they can operate as part of a hub, as B6 has done at JFK and CO/UA did at EWR.

How did DL trump B6?
What kind of data do you have to show that DL is taking customers from B6 at JFK or other competitors (at LGA/JFK/EWR) with the DL hub at LGA?

Show some trends, provide some numbers (like a scientist), don't just try to impress us with lengthy posts filled with your feelings (like a hippie).

Is DL going after high value business customers (that prefer LGA) or price-sensitive vacationers (the B6-stimulated local traffic at JFK)? Or is mighty DL excelling at both without even hardly trying and we're all too dumb and blind and stupid to see it?

I will simply wait until the data and evidence comes out to show that DL is having an impact on B6's NE-JFK operation because it WILL happen... and it will duplicate the same trend that will occur in other markets... by virtue of having a hub at LGA, DL will have greater ability to tap the local market in dozens of markets. If you don't believe me, then stick around for the results.

Huh? Here you're saying you're going to wait to see the data, but you've just stated above in this same post, that DL is already a winner and B6 and others should basically turn off the lights. So which is it? Is DL the winner or is it too soon to tell?

With posts like this you're just continually proving BB and wings correct in that you craft your comments in such sleazy / wishy-washy way that you could never be pinned down on an opinion one way or another.

No, I have made it rather clear that much of the market level public data does not exist yet to demonstrate that DL is moving traffic from other carriers to its LGA operation...... but let me cite what the Port Authority of NY/NJ has posted in their traffic reports.

"Though seat capacity was virtually unchanged, LGA
remained the fastest growing among our airports as
YTD June passenger traffic grew a strong 6.1%. YTD
June domestic passengers grew 5.3%. Domestic
growth leader Delta increased its domestic capacity by
17%, using its newly acquired slots to expand services
to 17 new domestic destinations, including Dallas-Fort
Worth, Miami and Buffalo. American and JetBlue
rounded out the top three with an aggregate net
contribution of 150,000 passengers. The international
sector continued its double-digit drive with growth of
23%, led by Delta's services to Nassau and by
American, Air Canada and new carrier West Jet's
services to Toronto."
http://www.panynj.go...JUN2011_LGA.PDF

Further, there is one market that I personally know about where DL added new service from LGA equivalent to 2/3 of the seats that B6 operated from JFK in the year before. DL also operated in this market from JFK the year before and continues to do so. DL added twice as many seats in the total NYC-XXX market than US pulled out. B6 reduced its seats by about 20% from a year earlier while UA/CO also reduced their capacity in this market by about 25% thus there was a shift in this market from B6 at JFK and UA at EWR to DL at LGA. Net/net is that DL's seat share of the NYC-XXX market went from 25% of the market to 40% of the market and based on average fare information from the year before (which may or many not have changed), average fares from LGA are about 20% higher than they are from JFK.

The data I posted is specific to just one airport and also reflects information BEFORE the summer and BEFORE DL received the 2nd half of the slot swap. In addition, the PANYNJ's report indicates that DL is driving the growth in passenger growth in markets throughout the NE.

So, yes, there is preliminary evidence from the one market that I know about - and which fits the description of the comment from the B6 agents cited on a.net - as well as the PANYNJ data to show that DL is indeed shifting traffic to LGA.

As for why DL "trumped" B6, it is obvious to anyone that understands airline economics that 1. LGA is the preferred NYC airport for local traffic in markets that can be served from LGA AND 2. Hub operators have an advantage over other operators in their ability to compete in the market in that they can sell both local and connecting traffic which allows them to add more seats to the market than a carrier operating on a point to point basis - or with a smaller hub - and increasing the chances of attracting local passengers. There is abundant data in the airline industry to show that the strongest operator at a hub commands the highest fares.

Thus, there very much is evidence to show - even a few months into the slot swap - that DL is using the dynamics of a hub at NYC's preferred airport for short haul traffic to shift traffic from other carriers at other airports - including B6 - to DL at LGA.

DL, like any company should, is doing what is best to increase DL's revenues.... irrespective of whose toes they step on.