Line AMT

Md90

Mar 27, 2017
Can anyone share with me the hourly rate for a topped out AA line AMT? Please include any line or license premiums.

Thanks

My pay breakdown is $41.76 base pay, .55 cents for line premium, $5.00 for license (two licenses) I also get .50 for working a shift that starts prior to 6am. Total is $47.81 for a 30 year mechanic with AA.

Where are you getting you shift diff from? This is from the AA contract.

ARTICLE 5 – SHIFT DIFFERENTIAL AND TEST HOP BONUS
(a) An employee assigned to a shift, which begins at or after 12:00 noon and before 5:00 p.m. will receive a shift differential of one (1) cent per hour.
(1) An employee assigned to a shift, which begins at or after 5:00 p.m., and before 6:00 a.m. will receive a shift differential of two (2) cents per hour.
(2) No shift differential will be received by an employee assigned to a shift which begins at or after 6:00 a.m. and before 12:00 Noon.

Example Start Times:
12:00 noon to 4:59 p.m. 1¢
5:00 p.m. to 5:59 a.m. 2¢
6:00 a.m. to 11:59 a.m. None

Just a slap in the face.
And you wonder why there's no hurry for a JCBA!!

(a) An employee assigned to a shift, which begins at or after 12:00 noon and before 5:00 p.m. will receive a shift differential of one (1) cent per hour.
(1) An employee assigned to a shift, which begins at or after 5:00 p.m., and before 6:00 a.m. will receive a shift differential of two (2) cents per hour.
(2) No shift differential will be received by an employee assigned to a shift which begins at or after 6:00 a.m. and before 12:00 Noon.

Example Start Times:

Just a slap in the face.

Who said anything about shift differential? The 50 cents is not a shift differential. It's MRT pay aka midnight skill retention premium. The text below is from the union contract.

In an effort to recognize the need to retain Aviation Maintenance Technicians on night shifts at the field stations including Tulsa Line Maintenance, an employee, while regularly assigned to the classification of Crew Chief – Aviation Maintenance Technician, Technical Crew Chief – Aviation Maintenance Technician, Inspector, and Aviation Maintenance Technician and working a shift that begins at or after 5:00 p.m., and before 6:00 a.m., will receive a Midnight Skill Retention Premium (MRT) of fifty (50) cents per hour.

Example Start Times:

Just a slap in the face.
Pretty sad to think that in the year 2017 we are looking at $.50 mrt pay. before the concessions, it was $.51 for afternoons and $.58 for midnights...What a sad situation we are in. Getting peanuts for working the odd hours.. Simply sad.

"I also get .50 for working a shift that starts prior to 6am."

Sorry, my bad. When you said you got 50¢ for working a shift I thought you meant a shift differential

My pay breakdown is $41.76 base pay, .55 cents for line premium, $5.00 for license (two licenses) I also get .50 for working a shift that starts prior to 6am. Total is $47.81 for a 30 year mechanic with AA.
Are the Coneheads like half that? If not do they have to give any money back at the end of the year?

Who said anything about shift differential? The 50 cents is not a shift differential. It's MRT pay aka midnight skill retention premium. The text below is from the union contract.

In an effort to recognize the need to retain Aviation Maintenance Technicians on night shifts at the field stations including Tulsa Line Maintenance, an employee, while regularly assigned to the classification of Crew Chief – Aviation Maintenance Technician, Technical Crew Chief – Aviation Maintenance Technician, Inspector, and Aviation Maintenance Technician and working a shift that begins at or after 5:00 p.m., and before 6:00 a.m., will receive a Midnight Skill Retention Premium (MRT) of fifty (50) cents per hour.

Least you guys are getting it. On the island of misfit toys known as DWH. We are not afforded MRT pay nor the line pay. Despite work OTS aircraft most every night. Hopefully that all changes with the jcba.

Rogallo I thought you were cool with me making fun of my Conehead brahs you yourself said they had trouble hooking up their VCRs

That was a toaster actually. They were trying to plug it into the phone jack. Poor little things.

"I also get .50 for working a shift that starts prior to 6am."

Sorry, my bad. When you said you got 50¢ for working a shift I thought you meant a shift differential
Most people reading his comment probably would have taken it the same way, Rog. I know I did and was a little puzzled.

Reactions: Rogallo

Latest posts