Line AMT

Please don't use big words in an AMT thread :confused:

You guys do understand them better than my fellow Ramp Rats I have to admit.

If you tell anyone I said that I will deny deny deny.

Someone stole my Airline Forums password.

Go Away troll
Rogallo can you tell me the top out rate for an AMT at a Mexican or Chinese MRO and do they get differential.Also what is the hourly rate for someone who works avionics in Mexico is it more than a few pesos? Are the foreign AMTs also required to go to a two year trade school?

As a Avionics Crew Chief at TULE, I am just stopping by to let you know that I am not a LINE MECHANIC nor Fleet Service nor Stores, just a Title 1 base maintenance mechanic. Just in case you wanted to know? Rogallo while you are rsearching, can you tell me the top out rate for Fleet Service and what Trade School they attend in Mexico or even South America? In fact do our Fleet Service at American Airlines go to a Trade School?

You guys do understand them better than my fellow Ramp Rats I have to admit.
Maybe they just understand them better than you.

In fact do our Fleet Service at American Airlines go to a Trade School?
Maybe not for that specific job but some do yes.

I can think of at least 3 examples in my shop (including me). Two of the three also had A&P's (not including me). But you are correct that trade school is not a requirement of entry for Fleet Service. I have to ask, those mechanics that went through the Junior Mechanic program, did they get their license? Were they required to go to trade school?

Honestly in my opinion I think a license should be a REQUIREMENT to put tools on aircraft period. But I don't call those shots. At the bare minimum they should institute a formal apprenticeship program if they are going to allow unlicensed mechanics to touch aircraft.

Hey Buck is it true many of you were crying like little girls when you had to pull rugs and tape after they closed our shop down? I only ask because I hear that....... a lot........ and from multiple sources.

Maybe they just understand them better than you.

Maybe not for that specific job but some do yes.

I can think of at least 3 examples in my shop (including me). Two of the three also had A&P's (not including me). But you are correct that trade school is not a requirement of entry for Fleet Service. I have to ask, those mechanics that went through the Junior Mechanic program, did they get their license? Were they required to go to trade school?

Honestly in my opinion I think a license should be a REQUIREMENT to put tools on aircraft period. But I don't call those shots. At the bare minimum they should institute a formal apprenticeship program if they are going to allow unlicensed mechanics to touch aircraft.

Hey Buck is it true many of you were crying like little girls when you had to pull rugs and tape after they closed our shop down? I only ask because I hear that....... a lot........ and from multiple sources.

No! I am in Avionics, a Crew Chief and still have my job.

IMG_2338.JPG

Good thing you didn't have an earring back then.

My ex wife used to do that. That's why I went down to only a stud. Need to shave off my ear hair. Yuck.

I did not say you specifically Buck. I said mechanics

I did not say you specifically Buck. I said mechanics
I was addressing you because I was asking you a question Buck. Many of you should have clarified I was not directing that specifically at you. In my question you implied your work group. Do you need to go back to school and learn reading comprehension?

Unfortunately I can't write this in crayon for YOU.

Last edited: