Local 70 race gets childish

Bluewater

Jul 21, 2006
Here we go again. The company HAD no problem with mailings in the mail files. Canidates were stuffing mail boxes WHILE supervisors were looking on!!!!! You had to get approval that's all. But then one of the canadites had to make a complaint. Perhaps they were scared of a little compition? Why don't you (A.P.) run your best race? Quit crying about what the other canidates are doing. Good Grief! :blink:

Oh and perhaps Dougie needs AA? :down:

Here we go again. The company HAD no problem with mailings in the mail files. Canidates were stuffing mail boxes WHILE supervisors were looking on!!!!! You had to get approval that's all. But then one of the canadites had to make a complaint. Perhaps they were scared of a little compition? Why don't you (A.P.) run your best race? Quit crying about what the other canidates are doing. Good Grief! :blink:

Howdy Blue,
Andy here...
FYI
The call between Angela and I took place at 4:14 on the 8th. I called her because I have always felt it’s in good professional etiquette to give Inflight a heads up whenever anything is planned in the crewroom. I was planning on being there through the weekend and into next week. Angela told me that the company would not allow candidates to use the crewroom spaces to campaign...I then asked her about using the mail files...was also told candidates could not use them anymore.

I hadn’t been in the crewroom during the week and wasn't aware that others had been stuffing the boxes until the Thursday before I called. I hear it’s out of control and F/A's are complaining about it. Maybe that’s why the company was saying no, not sure. I have learned that after my letter went out a few other candidates called the MEC and International to get some clarification about using the boxes…My guess is a call was placed to the sandcastle by the MEC because they called me today at 9AM and said it was OK to use the boxes now….just sharing the facts…not complaining at all. After hearing how upset the members are with the file situation…not to sure if that’s the way to go anyway…still considering it.

For all I know Blue you may be a candidate yourself …anyway you have my phone # on the e-line you reference why didn’t you just call and ask me about it if it was important enough to post here? The local has had enough drama…let’s try and do things differently this time if you have a question just call me.

And you contribute to the childishness and drama. :rolleyes:

You actually took a picture of the aircraft toilet??

God I hope you aren't running for office!! :down:

Howdy Blue,
Andy here...
FYI
The call between Angela and I took place at 4:14 on the 8th. I called her because I have always felt it’s in good professional etiquette to give Inflight a heads up whenever anything is planned in the crewroom. I was planning on being there through the weekend and into next week. Angela told me that the company would not allow candidates to use the crewroom spaces to campaign...I then asked her about using the mail files...was also told candidates could not use them anymore.

Howdy Andy,
Wolf here...
FYI
This is exactly what this union does not need. I don't want a president calling Inflight to see if they can campaign.

Wasn't going to vote for you, but thanks for the confirmation.
We need someone with ba**s, you may have them but you don't.
Know what I mean?

Jeezus, next you'll want to call to see if you can take your vacation days, or maybe even ask if it's OK to wipe your a**.

Did you ever in your life do anything without permission?
I don't think so.
If I was campaigning I guarantee the company would not stop me without a fight and the DOL would be notified.

Howdy Andy,
Wolf here...
FYI
This is exactly what this union does not need. I don't want a president calling Inflight to see if they can campaign.

Wasn't going to vote for you, but thanks for the confirmation.
We need someone with ba**s, you may have them but you don't.
Know what I mean?

Jeezus, next you'll want to call to see if you can take your vacation days, or maybe even ask if it's OK to wipe your a**.

Did you ever in your life do anything without permission?
I don't think so.
If I was campaigning I guarantee the company would not stop me without a fight and the DOL would be notified.

Wolf,

I respect your opinion and wish you and your selected candidate the best…but the crewroom and files are the company’s property not AFA’s…I can tell from your comments that you have never sat through a Supervisor meeting with the Flight Attendant’s career on the table. I have, and believe me; you get farther with this company by having a little professionalism.

Believe me I have the BA**S, and you will see them when the time is right.

Have a nice night.

Howdy Blue,
Andy here...
FYI

I hadn’t been in the crewroom during the week and wasn't aware that others had been stuffing the boxes until the Thursday before I called. I hear it’s out of control and F/A's are complaining about it. Maybe that’s why the company was saying no, not sure. I have learned that after my letter went out a few other candidates called the MEC and International to get some clarification about using the boxes…My guess is a call was placed to the sandcastle by the MEC because they called me today at 9AM and said it was OK to use the boxes now….just sharing the facts…not complaining at all. After hearing how upset the members are with the file situation…not to sure if that’s the way to go anyway…still considering it.

For all I know Blue you may be a candidate yourself …anyway you have my phone # on the e-line you reference why didn’t you just call and ask me about it if it was important enough to post here? The local has had enough drama…let’s try and do things differently this time if you have a question just call me.

Andy,

The company has never interferred with union campaigns, never had to get permission to stuff the boxes in my history. I sat in the crew rooms in all 3 concession campaigning for a NO vote, and Ashby and Siegel were in the crew room in PIT with me there in the audiance. I never got thrown out of a crew room. The only way a candidate can access the membership is through the mail files. I see now, with this new local interim President that allows the company to interfer with union business without a challenge, or a weak aszz MECP, the company has taken a new position. Why? Becuase the MEC has allowed it with no challenge. THe MECP is just not strong enough to oppose this management and is playing both sides. The AFA International now charges a member $75 for use of the E-lines and that's only if they return your phone call or e-mail from what I'm told.

What I see today is the company is riding a shot gun over the union and their affairs making it more difficult for the leadership and new leadership or potentially new leadership the ability to rperesent and conduct union business, without the company putting their thumb on you . Now, they say you have to have your material approved by the company before stuffing. That is total control of the information.

If that were the case in my day, I would have never been able to communicate to the members any kind of opposing view.

You guys are crazy if you let this company or MECP control that kind of autonomy. Mike will tell you that he had to go through his base manager while campaigning, but I would ask Steve Hearn the previous LEC President whether this is true. OTher MEC members said they didn't have to go through any base manager for approval. Seems like the only idiot that did was Mike F who is being controlled by management.

Bottom line, imo, there is collusion going on between the co. and certain members of the MEC to control these elections by not giving candidates free access to the membership and thus, control their own current positions.

OUT WITH ALL WHO ARE RUNNING FOR REELECTION!!!

Otherwise, you folks will never have control of your union on this property and will be controlled by those who are being controlled and contantly running to the company for permission to take a shittt.

Wolf,

I respect your opinion and wish you and your selected candidate the best…but the crewroom and files are the company’s property not AFA’s…I can tell from your comments that you have never sat through a Supervisor meeting with the Flight Attendant’s career on the table. I have, and believe me; you get farther with this company by having a little professionalism.

Have a nice night.

You are absolutly right Andy, professionalism has shown up every two weeks in my paycheck.
With your approach I'll probably have to pay the company for the right to work.
Great Idea, True Ba**s.
Go get em you ferocious beast you.

Wolf,

Have a nice night.

Andy,

That is NOT how to command, YES command respect from this company. The LOCAL President and the LOCAL Officers has to have the CONTROL when representing a member. There is no playing both sides of the fence. Professionalism is taking command of the issue and having the contract as your bible, and them having the fear of GOD when your in the room. That's RESPECT!!!

RULE NUMBER 1: The MECP does not control the MEC or the locals. Its the other way around. The MECP serves the voting members of the MEC and he/she takes direction from the voting LECPs on any and all issues. Then he/she is sent to the company to discuss the issue. The MECP can not go and discuss issues without the direction from the collective body of the voting members of the MEC. The MECP must inform the MEC that he/she is meeting with the company or conferencing on an issue and is obligated to report back. Period.

Go get, em Andy.

As you know, you have a lot of support. Good for you for taking the high road; militancy gets you absolutely nowhere. Keep campaigning; many of us are behind you. :up:

Andy,

The company has never interferred with union campaigns, never had to get permission to stuff the boxes in my history. I sat in the crew rooms in all 3 concession campaigning for a NO vote, and Ashby and Siegel were in the crew room in PIT with me there in the audiance. I never got thrown out of a crew room. The only way

Angela was not here when you were. She told AP he could not stuff mailboxes/ campaign in crew rooms. Are you saying you believe he is making that up?

Angela was not here when you were. She told AP he could not stuff mailboxes/ campaign in crew rooms. Are you saying you believe he is making that up?
Ok let me get this straight. Some flight attendants complained about something dealing with the AFA elections and instead of addressing the right forum which would have been the Union these flight attendants went to the company instead?
Come on ladies and gentlemen!
WE are smarter than that, aren't we?
I then found out that the company and the Union officers had a conference call regarding this and our illustrious leader MF and interim president deferred this to Cindi S & Steve K!
These union officials allowed the Company to address the issue rather that stating it was a union matter and they would handle it.
HELLO!?!

No. That is not what I have been bantering.

Ms. Angela was wrong. Angela Base Manager has NO business in the union affiars of AFA, and there should be no one seeking permission from the company when it comes to AFA election campaign literature. If Andy needed to seek information regarding campaigning his first response should NOT have been the company but rather his LOCAL. If any candidate is seeking union office specifically LECP which is a position of power and influence, should NOT be humbling to the company playing patty cake and asking for permission. Andy just needed to go in the crew room and visit with the f/a discussing who he is and his campaigning for this election giving information to the f/as on issues related to the union.

There has never been a time in my 25 year history at U where any election was guided by the company for their approval of a campaign letter or the discussion in a crew room. Heck, the unions have been conducting crew room sits for eons regarding new language, Tentative Agreements, SAP, EAP issues etc...

I am so friggen disappointed on how AFA is losing control on issues that have nothing to do with the company.

AFA Constitution & Bylaw:

Article VIII D F. Prohibited Employer Assistance - Where there is an established, pre-existing practice at a carrier of permitting all flight attendants employed by the carrier to have uncensored, non discriminatory access to company mailboxes for the purpose of communicating with other flight attendants generally ( and not merely for communication of union election campaign materials) company mailboxes may be used for the distribution of campaign materials.
All AFL-CIO unions are free and democratic and legally separate from management. Perception of improper influence can be nearly as important as the actual use of improper influence. Employees have the right to run their own unions, free of company influences.

This company has had a past practice of allowing access to the employee mail files for the past 35 years.

Need anything else be said?

Mike will tell you that he had to go through his base manager while campaigning, but I would ask Steve Hearn the previous LEC President whether this is true. OTher MEC members said they didn't have to go through any base manager for approval. Seems like the only idiot that did was Mike F who is being controlled by management.
I ran for LECVP, when Mike was running for LECP, and we didn't have to ask anyone about stuffing mailboxes or campaigning in the crewrooms. Mike and I sat together at a table and talked to f/a's. Alot of ideas and thoughts I spoke of with Mike ended up in his letters and he took credit for it. My people were saying to me, " Isn't this what you have been talking about?" I was just glad it was getting out there for people to hear and read. He talked a pretty good game when he ran in CLT, but then again, the guy who was in office was definately getting voted out, so he pretty much ran unopposed.

I ran for LECVP, when Mike was running for LECP, and we didn't have to ask anyone about stuffing mailboxes or campaigning in the crewrooms. Mike and I sat together at a table and talked to f/a's. Alot of ideas and thoughts I spoke of with Mike ended up in his letters and he took credit for it. My people were saying to me, " Isn't this what you have been talking about?" I was just glad it was getting out there for people to hear and read. He talked a pretty good game when he ran in CLT, but then again, the guy who was in office was definately getting voted out, so he pretty much ran unopposed.

Okay so Mike F. is a lying politically motivated pus*sy, him we have to deal with till someone gets elected to correct the situation.

Andy P. is a naive pus*sy for going to ask permission, I know he cannot correct the situation if elected.

Place your vote elsewhere, maybe it will count.