Looking for Fleet &Customer Service agts PHL

Harry Callahan

Veteran
Sep 16, 2002
Your rearview mirror
I just read on the justplanenews site that US is offering $500.00 bonus for referals to hire new fleet & customer service agents in PHL. I think it said they had to stay a year....................
What is this place comming to ? Even though I'm sure any of us could use the money, why not just pay the employees livable wages ?

I just read on the justplanenews site that US is offering $500.00 bonus for referals to hire new fleet & customer service agents in PHL. I think it said they had to stay a year....................
What is this place comming to ? Even though I'm sure any of us could use the money, why not just pay the employees livable wages ?

A one time bonus is much cheaper than a wage increase.

This program has been in place at West for many years. I have never seen a payout. Usually, the person doesn't stay for a year. If they do, the original referal paperwork is "lost" and if the subject is brought up, the stock answer is, "There is no paperwork stating that you referred this person. How do we know you're not lying?" :huh:

Again the ugly monster rears its head.

I thought that Doug Parker and Co. said they could fix PHL, so far the track record speaks for itself.

I'd like to see what the senior V.P. that was at our station about 6 months ago has to say now, he said and I quote "PhL only has around 175 flts. a day, if we can't fix that then we need to get out of the business."

No matter how good they try to make it look, it's a lead ball and chain around the whole airline.

At this pace we will be back in B.K. in no time!

PHL always has, and always will, drag the company down. There is NO FIX. For years, all the money generated in PHL, was given away out the door when flights arrived with misconx, lost, not delayed, baggage, some of which has never arrived, bad customer perceptions and a hell hole in which to try to work. Nobody there can do their best, they just keep getting batted down. The very best thing Doug boy can do, is downsize the place. It has been a cancer on US for years. I have never once spoken to a customer who enjoyed the PHL "experience".

PHL always has, and always will, drag the company down. There is NO FIX. For years, all the money generated in PHL, was given away out the door when flights arrived with misconx, lost, not delayed, baggage, some of which has never arrived, bad customer perceptions and a hell hole in which to try to work. Nobody there can do their best, they just keep getting batted down. The very best thing Doug boy can do, is downsize the place. It has been a cancer on US for years. I have never once spoken to a customer who enjoyed the PHL "experience".

Can you cite a reference for your claim that "all the money ...was given away.."?

"The very best Doug can do is downsize the place" Really? US is very fortunate that you are not one of it's financial advisors. Just give away 20% of the company's revenue and highest profit center because an employee and a few customers don't like the place - come on. Without PHL, there would be NO PIT today and probably no US Airways - and no jobs.

"I have never once spoken to a customer who enjoyed the PHL "experience" And how many is that? Fortunately JD Powers and several other major polls disagree with you.

What most of you people don't understand is that it is US Airways responsibility to fix the interiors of it's terminals - NOT PHL. What makes you think they would do any better elsewhere? PHL has just begun a major reconstruction ($180M) of Terminals D and E for NW, CO and WN. Those terminals have not been upgraded for many years and that is why the airport is paying for most of the work. Terminal B and C were just upgraded a few years ago and because of US Airways tremendous growth over the past 4 years, they are already in need of refurbishment - not because PHL wore them out. The baggage systems at PHL were definitly unable to handle the growth, however US and the airport are currently installing new systems.

All of the resident bashers here need to get their facts straight before posting nonsense.

Now that's a really really funny observation

I agree, although it might be for a different reason than 2much's comment.

PIT is, unfortunately, a shell of it's former self. As I have said before, the PIT-PHL symbiosis has been destroyed by cubicle dwellers who want to save a few pennies. If it was utilized properly, PIT could probably solve a lot of PHL's reputation problems by alleviating domestic travel congestion with connections through PIT. The argument that O&D in PIT is not high enough to justify more flights through PIT does not fly anymore. Perhaps the landing fees are higher, perhaps Jet-A costs more, perhaps a lot of stuff isn't as cheap as PHL. But, the employees are pretty reliable and well-trained, the airport has a good layout and an excellent reputation, and with a bit of kow-towing, I think the ACAA might be willing to put aside some of US Airways former slights to the airport and cut a deal.

If our bread and butter is customers and their satisfaction, then Tempe must try a bit harder. PIT is a good place to start.

That whopping $500 will be gone in no time. The $9 an hour wage will linger for years. At some point the company is going to have to come to the realization, that the wages they offer won't get quality help. Until that day comes, expect the "Revolving door" workforce to continue being the norm. I know that some here will argue my point, but I still say that workers WILL care more about losing a good paying job that could become their career, as opposed to the going WalMart rates. At my current place of employment they can't keep help, and they start at just over $11 an hour. :shock: They have constant hiring sessions in an attempt to keep staffing levels where they should be. I see a new group of faces every few months, and they start to disappear one by one.

Back