Lost Baby Doll, broken heart for my 9 year old daughter. Need Help!

lost doll mom

Jun 5, 2018
My 9-year-old daughter lost her most important worldly possession on a flight to Rome this past Sunday (June 3) (American Airlines Flight 110 from Chicago to Rome arrived in Rome 9:00AM on Monday June 4). It is her doll called "Favorite Baby" that she's had since she was a baby. We flew first class and she put Favorite Baby in the small courtesy bag that she received with a toothbrush, lotion, socks, sleep mask, etc. in it. When we left the plane, she forgot the bag. A few minutes from the airport she realized what had happened and became distraught. We immediately called the airport, the airline, and our guide in Rome contacted his wife who worked at the airport. My husband has returned to the airport twice and called multiple times each day trying to find out IF they save the bags that get left behind. We just can't get a straight answer. If the bags are saved somewhere, we just want the opportunity to check them all for Favorite Baby no matter how long it takes. If not, we'd like to know so we can tell our daughter and help her mend her broken heart. She feels as though she has lost her best friend. I can count on one hand the number of times I've seen my husband cry in our twenty years together and he was in tears over this. Our daughter cries multiple times a day. Please please please let me know if the bags are saved and if so, how to get to where they are in Rome so we can check them. If you can help or have any ideas please contact me at [email protected]

Sorry about the doll. If the cleaners could not see the doll inside the bag, they most likely threw the bag and the doll away because the bags are not reused if opened. If they did see the doll and put it in lost and found, they should have been able to tell you the same day. If they don't have it today, please check tomorrow with lost and found. In the USA they are hard to reach by phone and he might have to go back to the airport.

If the doll was thrown away, you probably will not be able to get it back. Items thrown away on international flights are usually segregated from locally discarded items. Thank you for being a good parent and trying to help your daughter. I wish I had better news. FCO is a big airport and it would be difficult to locate the bag even if you could get access to the area. Sorry that happened and I hope your daughter feels better.

Look for a like doll on eBay if you know who manufactured it. If not send me a pic of the doll and I will use software to try to identify it for you.

Sorry about the doll. If the cleaners could not see the doll inside the bag, they most likely threw the bag and the doll away because the bags are not reused if opened. If they did see the doll and put it in lost and found, they should have been able to tell you the same day. If they don't have it today, please check tomorrow with lost and found. In the USA they are hard to reach by phone and he might have to go back to the airport.

If the doll was thrown away, you probably will not be able to get it back. Items thrown away on international flights are usually segregated from locally discarded items. Thank you for being a good parent and trying to help your daughter. I wish I had better news. FCO is a big airport and it would be difficult to locate the bag even if you could get access to the area. Sorry that happened and I hope your daughter feels better.

THANK YOU FOR TAKING THE TIME TO RESPOND. NOT THE NEWS WE HOPED TO HEAR BUT UNDERSTANDABLE.