Love Songs

Quiet in here? What's the matter? Can't anyone 'feel' the 'love' ?

Last edited:
When the only farcical "Desert Shield" phase was still in effect while war was very obviously imminent and it was finally time to go, my precious Lady decided we should exchange cassette tapes to be played after I left. The first two songs on mine to her were the following, in my usually more melodramatic fashion. In any fairness to the melodrama "Intelligence" briefings predicted a conservative minimum of 2,000 to perhaps 10,000+ of us all collectively KIA with an "acceptable" loss of possibly 100+ aircraft. No one had even the wildest wet dreams it would prove to be the most astonishingly one-sided victory in all of human history. We took our pre-departure "Last Will and Testament" paperwork seriously.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=112&v=1FIOjLwwj-U

She, being the unbelievably awesome person she was simply refused to even consider any odds at all and put this first on her tape to me, "mushy" songs only afterwards, with a "smart-azzed" admonition that if I got myself killed she'd never forgive me, and to "just come home asap" and "You won't get any cuter with more stupid medals, so please just come home" instead....Proper perspective is everything at times. She afterwards did seem quite proud during a formal presentation of the additional "stupid medals" though, but in non-egotistical fairness I'd already been home and actually mowed the lawn by that time. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: SharoninSAT
Nowadays, for love songs I think more along these lines..although I know my "Doo Wah Diddy" soulmate would've stuck an elbow into my ribs for such self indulgent melodrama, as if I really had control of anything about how life/death/this uttterly insane world/etc works. ;)

Last edited: