LOVE - The World's First Intelligent Turntable

Lols like a gimmick to me. Nothing wrong with the old turntable.
I bought a turntable to connect to my PC and copy my albums to MP3. I have an extensive collection of vinyl record....it might be worth something, but I'm not getting rid of any. When I had a component "hi fi" system, I had a high end Sony turntable (listed around $700 in the late 70's) that I got for a steal since dad worked for Sony and that model was discontinued. But I'm not going to pull the albums.

Reactions: xUT
I bought a turntable to connect to my PC and copy my albums to MP3. I have an extensive collection of vinyl record....it might be worth something, but I'm not getting rid of any. When I had a component "hi fi" system, I had a high end Sony turntable (listed around $700 in the late 70's) that I got for a steal since dad worked for Sony and that model was discontinued. But I'm not going to pull the albums.
Back in the day when I had better hearing. I also had a component system. I had McIntosh amp and preamp and a B&O turntable. I paid $2300 back in 1974. I thought I was pretty cool with that setup. Now I don't have any stereo system. I use Sonos speakers and just play off my computer

Back in the day when I had better hearing. I also had a component system. I had McIntosh amp and preamp and a B&O turntable. I paid $2300 back in 1974. I thought I was pretty cool with that setup. Now I don't have any stereo system. I use Sonos speakers and just play off my computer
Oh yea, back in the day, I had a 4 speaker Kenwood system.
All tubes...:cool:
Still have the amp and 2 speakers in my garage.
I'll post a picture once I dig it out:p
xUT

OK,
KR-7050.
20170302_194557[1].jpg

KR-7050.
Yea, it is not all tubes but all tubes for the pre-amp. finales are silicon.
My apologies.
Still a bad ass amp that smokes my Denon amp any day of the week.
:cool:xUT

FYI;
http://classicreceivers.com/kenwood-kr-7050

Attachments

• 20170302_194630[1]-7050_Kenwood.jpg
    20170302_194630[1]-7050_Kenwood.jpg
    301.8 KB · Views: 271
Last edited:
Oh yea, back in the day, I had a 4 speaker Kenwood system.
All tubes...:cool:
Still have the amp and 2 speakers in my garage.
I'll post a picture once I dig it out:p
xUT

I had a pair of monaural Heathkit tube pre-amps and a pair of tube amps putting out 14 watts per channel plus two cabinets with 20 - 6" speakers in each that my Uncle gave me for my first. That thing cranked out some sound. After that I had some Heathkit stereo amps I built.

Me and my buddy would put on dual headphones with the speakers off and do air guitar, you should have seen the look on my Mothers face when she came in to see what we were doing....LOL

Then some 15 years after I had moved out, Dad told me of a drug awareness class he attended as a supervisor.....told me the instructor burned this stuff that smelled like weed.....said it smelled just like that incense me and my brother burned all the time listening to music.......I said 'no kidding'....LOL

I had a pair of monaural Heathkit tube pre-amps and a pair of tube amps putting out 14 watts per channel plus two cabinets with 20 - 6" speakers in each that my Uncle gave me for my first. That thing cranked out some sound. After that I had some Heathkit stereo amps I built.

Me and my buddy would put on dual headphones with the speakers off and do air guitar, you should have seen the look on my Mothers face when she came in to see what we were doing....LOL

Then some 15 years after I had moved out, Dad told me of a drug awareness class he attended as a supervisor.....told me the instructor burned this stuff that smelled like weed.....said it smelled just like that incense me and my brother burned all the time listening to music.......I said 'no kidding'....LOL
And we wonder why our hearing is terrible..:D

Lols like a gimmick to me. Nothing wrong with the old turntable.
I agree but I like seeing new approaches to existing technology.

I have seen some interesting things over the years. Audio cassette tapes being used for computer memory and video recording. Vinyl records that actually contain movies. I have seen a record player designed for use inside of a car.

chryslerphono.jpg

Chrysler did eventually add an option to play 45 rpmrecords on the Highway Hi-Fi, but perhaps that choice came too late. In 1960, a much cheaper car record player offered as a Chrysler option came on the market: the RCA Victor auto "Victrola." It cost $51.75 ($410.47 today) and you could play your own 45s on it.

I hear that...:p
IIRC my first 45...record was:
That came out in 64 I think, I was born in 59 have older sisters. You are kind of old for that to be your first record. Vietnam ended in 73 so if you were 18... that makes you 7 I guess its possible, or you could be full of chit. So maybe your not an Xut maybe you are a female impersonator like I've always suspected. Did you buy that Kenwood at Lafayette?

Last edited: