LOVE - The World's First Intelligent Turntable

Man that name just sounds cool.

Quadraphonic.
Sounds better than 4.0 surround sound.
Seriously guys..... a movie on a vinyl record.

To me that is pretty amazing.
Yeah, but it came out right at the same time Betamax and VHS came out. I sold electronics at Neiman Marcus in Dallas in the mid to late 70's and they had all of the "cutting edge" stuff....but we never carried a videodisc.

That came out in 64 I think, I was born in 59 have older sisters. You are kind of old for that to be your first record. Vietnam ended in 73 so if you were 18... that makes you 7 I guess its possible, or you could be full of chit. So maybe your not an Xut maybe you are a female impersonator like I've always suspected. Did you buy that Kenwood at Lafayette?

Gee Albert,
I thought you loved me..:p
Your reverse forensic analysis is flawed. I thought you might be smarter than that, but you seem to always disappoint.:eek:
I didn’t even have a 45 player, never had my own. Used my older brothers, but I did have my own records.
I wasn’t as opulent as some of you were and couldn’t just go out and buy first releases.
We had a pool of friends that would trade used 45’s and we would buy what we thought was valuable.

IIRC (you do know what that means?)

I bought that Kenwood system for Christmas in 1979 from the PX at Fort Rucker.
That was a Very expensive gift to my wife at the time.
That's why I still have it in my garage.

I had a pair of monaural Heathkit tube pre-amps and a pair of tube amps putting out 14 watts per channel plus two cabinets with 20 - 6" speakers in each that my Uncle gave me for my first. That thing cranked out some sound. After that I had some Heathkit stereo amps I built.

Me and my buddy would put on dual headphones with the speakers off and do air guitar, you should have seen the look on my Mothers face when she came in to see what we were doing....LOL

Then some 15 years after I had moved out, Dad told me of a drug awareness class he attended as a supervisor.....told me the instructor burned this stuff that smelled like weed.....said it smelled just like that incense me and my brother burned all the time listening to music.......I said 'no kidding'....LOL

Dude,
Wish we were neighbors...:p

I agree but I like seeing new approaches to existing technology.

I have seen some interesting things over the years. Audio cassette tapes being used for computer memory and video recording. Vinyl records that actually contain movies. I have seen a record player designed for use inside of a car.

chryslerphono.jpg

Chrysler did eventually add an option to play 45 rpmrecords on the Highway Hi-Fi, but perhaps that choice came too late. In 1960, a much cheaper car record player offered as a Chrysler option came on the market: the RCA Victor auto "Victrola." It cost $51.75 ($410.47 today) and you could play your own 45s on it.
If you remember the car players you had to put the 45 A side upside down like some jukeboxes. Also Xut liked the reverb (Echo)I had coming out of my rear speaker he had a echo coming out of his rear too I think. He especially liked Hurdy Gurdy Man

Last edited:
Sorry Xut I should have realized your brain might be a little fried by now. It's just that I am so infatuated by you and study each post unfortunately they don't all add up. You know like an actor wearing sneakers in a scene from Spartacus. I worship you too much to label you a fraud
Post your case or go away.

Better yet… just go away!
Come on Sharon you telling a man to go away is like a participant on Naked and Afraid turning down a steak on the next to last day. I'm going to loves songs and posting"Someone to watch over me" just for you

Last edited:
What the hell does all this sh!t have to do with the world's first intelligent turntable? For Christs sake.