LUS A321 reconfiguration timetable

FWAAA

Veteran
Jan 5, 2003
Over on Flyertalk, someone pretending to be an insider recently posted that AA will begin reconfiguring the LUS A321s in July of this year to add MCE and AC power ports. The A319 refresh began last October, and latest reports are that it's almost complete.

So far, AA has made no public announcements about the A321 project, while the A319 CIP was in press releases. Apparently, the A321 project will involve new slimline seats but no AVOD.

Seems odd to begin a cabin refresh program in the middle of the summer travel season (like in July). Anybody have any real info on the reconfiguration of the LUS A321s? Thanks.

Reactions: 1 person
I thought the plan was to leave the 320's and 321's as is - how much more time does it take to install AVOD?

I wish they would put a stylized eagle on the bulk heads like BA does in their cabins

Don't know how long it takes to install AVOD, but most hints from management have been that no LUS single-aisle planes will be retrofitted with AVOD, nor will LAA single-aisle planes be retrofitted. All new deliveries have AVOD from here on out.

So far, management has said nothing publicly about any CIP for the A321s - I was wondering if employees had heard anything. A July start for a CIP sounds odd, especially since the A319s began in October (after the busy travel season).

Over on Flyertalk, someone pretending to be an insider recently posted that AA will begin reconfiguring the LUS A321s in July of this year to add MCE and AC power ports. The A319 refresh began last October, and latest reports are that it's almost complete.

So far, AA has made no public announcements about the A321 project, while the A319 CIP was in press releases. Apparently, the A321 project will involve new slimline seats but no AVOD.

Seems odd to begin a cabin refresh program in the middle of the summer travel season (like in July). Anybody have any real info on the reconfiguration of the LUS A321s? Thanks.

What does the 319 refresh entail? I was on one the other night and I couldn't see if they had USB on it or not. I saw the power port, is that two outlets?

They went cheAAp as usually for the AWA dba AA crew. Seating configuration is the same as AA. No AVOD, no USB. Only 2 powerports per 3 seat set. Thus everyone doesn't get one. They did this product like they did our catering. But, did anyone really expect anything different? Still nothing on the 321's.

Latest posts