M&A Talks And Rumors Start Their Rounds

Discussion in 'Airline News' started by swamt, Jan 6, 2021.

1. swamt

swamt Veteran

Here comes all the M&A discussions. Pretty sure some airlines will have to do something to survive, but not sure if they would approve one of the big 4. I could actually see Alaska, Jetblue, Spirit, Frontier, Allegiant and even some other smaller airlines merging together some time in 2021/2022 especially if we don't have a favorable recovery in the airline industry...

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/...vive-covid-19-pandemic-analyst-205740633.html

2. NewHampshire Black Bears

Yah, UR right.

Alaska and AA !!

3. swamt

swamt Veteran

I really don't see one of the big 4 unless they are willing to give up some big items in order to get approved. Smaller airlines would have a much easier approval process.

4. robbedagain

robbedagain Veteran

I believe the top 3 are not merging but i would not rule out SWA and other smaller ones. Only time will tell

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. jimntx

jimntx Veteran

Why would the most stable airline (financially) merge with anyone else? There are less expensive ways to acquire airplanes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. robbedagain

robbedagain Veteran

Youre right

7. NewHampshire Black Bears

Alaska and Jet Blue are 'very close buddy's' with AA, than with UA, WN or DEL-DUH !

8. swamt

swamt Veteran

Interesting.
    I too could see JetBlue doing a merger this time around and very quickly this time so not to get left out like they did last time.
    I also see Frontier doing something also. Remember when SWA was weighing purchasing Frontier? Maybe they will look at them again? Or could we possibly see a three-way coming??? Maybe a couple of three-ways??? Anything is possible. But I would think the 3 strongest balance sheets would be SWA, Delta and Alaska. Not sure if SWA would even entertain the JB scenario as they have all A/B fleet. Not 100% sure of the others fleets. Makes for entertaining discussions.

9. swamt

swamt Veteran

10. swamt

swamt Veteran

I would think SWA might sit back and wait and see who might do what. Then maybe get involved on sucking up some divested slots, routes and cities that way, but who really knows at this early time frame...

• Agree Agree x 1