Maho Beach webcam

Wow almost no sand from the road to the ocean?

I remember as a kid going to Jones Beach in NY it seemed like a mile from the sand to the ocean. Seems like there's a lot more erosion these days? Went to HNL for my honey moon about 12 years ago and Waikiki seemed like that also. Had to drive around the coast to find a better beach.

Well, the other choice was to put a stop sign on the edge of the runway and allow cars to cross the runway when planes were not landing. :lol:  The webcam looks out onto the piece of beach where airplanes are about 50 feet off the ground on the way to landing.  I never understood why anyone would want to spend time on that part of the beach.  Quiet and restful, it is not.

Remember, it's not just rjs landing.  SXM has nonstop service on grownup planes (or used to have) from AMS, CDG and LHR, just to name a few.

The people going to Maho /want/ that noise. The KL flight(s) are a big deal- as soon as people found out I worked for an airline, they made sure to let me know about it. :lol:

Reactions: 1 person
Yeah, well having seen the result of some short/obstructed approach landings in the U.S.(SFO, LGA for instance), I would rather watch the landing from a good seat in that bar that hosts the webcam.  I do not want to be on the beach in the path of a 747 belly that may or may not clear me and the fence.  Call me chicken.  Well, cockadoodle do.

Reactions: 1 person