Max arrival's and 300's retirements

I would welcome the 10. However, Pilots would have to nego. that into their contract as well as the F/A's. I agree with you that it would be a great plane for Love Field. About every 3 planes you throw at LF you would gain another plane. Other airports would also benefit where congestion is a problem. Hawaii would also be a great partner for the Max 10. Pretty sure SWA could easily fill the 10's to capacity for the Hawaii trips, vacation packages etc... Leave the 7's for island hopping, use the 10's for back and forth to the states.

I would welcome the 10. However, Pilots would have to nego. that into their contract as well as the F/A's. I agree with you that it would be a great plane for Love Field. About every 3 planes you throw at LF you would gain another plane. Other airports would also benefit where congestion is a problem. Hawaii would also be a great partner for the Max 10. Pretty sure SWA could easily fill the 10's to capacity for the Hawaii trips, vacation packages etc... Leave the 7's for island hopping, use the 10's for back and forth to the states.
What is that capacity in our configuration, about 220?

I wish I could find that article that I posted from ATW that talked about the MAX 8, 9, and 10. IIRC the 10 is supposed to have a "normal" configuration of 225 passengers, but, I think that number assumes a First Class cabin with some number of seats. Eliminating FC might push the WN configuration to something approaching 230.

Here's an article from Business Insider which suggests a capacity of 230 or so passengers. I did remember incorrectly the size difference between the 9 and the 10. The 10 is "only" 5'6" longer than the 9. Are the runways at Love and HOU (and other older airports, such as Midway) long enough for an airplane of that size?
http://www.businessinsider.com/boeing-737-max-10-paris-air-show-airbus-2017-6

Last edited:
Last day of the 300s have to see how many come through my station today, lot of overtime on that aircraft, time to go though.

A little more on the inaugural flights of the new Max starting on the 1st. The typical triangle route from the napkin will be first of course.

Southwest Airlines prepares for next chapter of growth with launch of 737 Max
I yet to try to figure you out Swamt you post all the wonderful things about SWA on one hand about growth and profit, and singing their praises. Then on the union side talk about how unfair they are and management greed, and unfair negotiations. A stream cannot produce both fresh and salt water.