McCain Picks his VP

Oct 30, 2006
McCain picked Sarak Palin, Governor of Alaska, as his VP pick.

So, unless something completely out of the ordinary occurs, history will be made on election day, regardless of which party is elected.

McCain picked Sarak Palin, Governor of Alaska, as his VP pick.

So, unless something completely out of the ordinary occurs, history will be made on election day.

No history being made with that pick...that's been done (Farraro) before and they lost!. The only thing extraordinary that will occur is that OBAMA-Biden will win. You can take that to the bank!

So typical of McCain...a political whore that would pick a female looking for the female vote...and one who HAS ABSOLUTELY NO EXPERIENCE ON ECONOMICS OR FOREIGN AFFAIRS. But on a bright note...I'M QUITE PLEASED WITH THIS PICK...EXTREMELY PLEASED.

she was interviewed on CNBC and didin't know what a VP does!!!!!!!!! The media will have a field day with this.

I can just do the visual now...McCain expires and she becomes president.... :shock:

P.S. Get this, she's been govenor for two years...oh boy, oh boy, what an expereinced platform.

Her claim to fame: "She's been an NRA member her entire life! Good job McCain, show's your great senior judgement...AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY 72 AND STILL KICKING.

This pick shows clearly that McCain and his "handler's" Dick Cheney and karl rove have zero "love loss" for Romney !!
Gov. Palin is staunchly pro-choice,Anti-gay, and is a "popular new-age republican" in a state that is hugely republican.

For Gov. Palin to have to debate Joe Biden on Any issue(especially foreign policy) seems Grossly Unfair ! It "seems" to me that Rove & co. are trying to draw that final card to fill an "inside straight" !

Any woman who has raised five kids probably knows far more about negotiating with terrorists and diplomacy than just about any other politician...

No history being made with that pick...that's been done (Farraro) before and they lost!. The only thing extraordinary that will occur is that OBAMA-Biden will win. You can take that to the bank!

So typical of McCain...a political whore that would pick a female looking for the female vote...and one who HAS ABSOLUTELY NO EXPERIENCE ON ECONOMICS OR FOREIGN AFFAIRS. But on a bright note...I'M QUITE PLEASED WITH THIS PICK...EXTREMELY PLEASED.

she was interviewed on CNBC and didin't know what a VP does!!!!!!!!! The media will have a field day with this.

I can just do the visual now...McCain expires and she becomes president.... :shock:

P.S. Get this, she's been govenor for two years...oh boy, oh boy, what an expereinced platform.

Her claim to fame: "She's been an NRA member her entire life! Good job McCain, show's your great senior judgement...AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY 72 AND STILL KICKING.

To your point, I’m not convinced that Obama knows what a President does. As a running mate, Obama has picked a career Washington insider who is just as responsible for the quagmire that exists in American politics as Obama claims McCain is. Far from “changeâ€, Biden is just more of the same.

As far as I’m concerned, McCain just pulled the rug out from Obama’s “hope†and “change†DNCC convention. For very obvious reasons, Obama had better think twice before he starts an ad campaign that challenges Palin’s political experience. Obama should also be concerned about where a large majority of the Hillary vote will go.

To your please see statement, Obama has two years of experience as a U.S. Senator, oh boy, oh boy, what’s your point?

Why is it OK for a VP to have no experience but not OK for the POTUS candidate? After all, it is only a difference of 1 heart beat is it not?

I do not see women who wold vote for Clinton change their vote to a anti-gay, anti choice woman.

Why is it OK for a VP to have no experience but not OK for the POTUS candidate? After all, it is only a difference of 1 heart beat is it not?

I do not see women who wold vote for Clinton change their vote to a anti-gay, anti choice woman.
It isn't. McSame has just opened the door to the "age issue" though. Back when Reagan's age was an issue, he at least had a credible VP. People are going to have to ask themselves that should age be a factor, is a first year governor able to take on the responsibility of the presidency.

If it was Sen. McCain's purpose to select a pro-choice,anti-gay female running mate, one would have surely thought that he would have chosen Hutchinson from Tx.

Then again, choosing kay-bailey would have Definitely given the "ticket" an Extremely "Seasoned looking" duo !!

Ok, you McSame-ists keep harping about Obama's lack of experience. McSame is past 70 years old. The chances of his V-P succeeding to the Presidency are higher than normal. Higher than they have ever been except when Reagan was President.

Gov. Palin has one year as Governor of our largest state which has a population about the same as Ft. Worth, TX (if you don't count the suburbs of Ft. Worth). 70% of that population is white. The Gov., by the way, is already under investigation for firing a state Public Safety Commissioner because that Commissioner refused to fire her ex-brother-in-law from his job as a state trooper. (Does this sound familiar to anyone? Does the phrase, Federal prosecutors come to mind?)

Madame Governor, of course, denies any prior knowledge of one of her staffers calling the Commissioner and trying to pressure him to terminate the ex-brother-in-law who was locked in a custody battle with the Gov's sister. (Probably like Cheney had no prior knowledge of Scooter Libby's outing the CIA employee to the media. Ok. Sure, we'll buy that story.) So far though, there is no other explanation for her firing the Commissioner.

Prior to her one year as Governor of a sparsely populated state, she was Mayor of the major metropolis, Wasilla, Alaska--population approx. 5500.

Well, you've convinced me. She's obviously overqualified to be President of the United States. Particularly when it comes to getting rid of people you don't like or don't agree with you. Cheney won't have to hang around and coach the new staff. He can go straight to Dubai where he is moving Halliburton.

And, since the McSame-ists have made much over the past months of Hillary's look and manner of dress. Did you see the Governor's hairdo? She looks like the graveyard shift waitress at the Waffle House who hasn't yet heard that the 50's are over. Either that or she is one of those Pentecostals who never cut their hair. They just keep piling it higher and higher.

Its almost as if he wants to lose!!! I mean I could take seriously a female VP like Kate Bailey Hutchinson but I have never heard of this woman. She doesnt look presidential to be honest. She looks like a soccer mom. Now I am not being anti feminist. I think if he picked a woman he would have do a good thing but he did not pick a viable female candidate. Has she even had presidential ambitions? I totally think that this is just a knee jerk political move that will back fire.

I'm not voting for Barack Obama primarily because of his race. It's not that I'm against a slightly black person being President. What I'm against are the self-proclaimed "leaders" of the black race, most of whom are 10 times as inexperienced and incompetent as some allege Sarah Palin to be, being in a position where they feel like they've got "one of their own" in the White House who will cow tow to their ridiculous demands. Specifically, I'm talking about Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, Quannell X, etc. They're not the kind of people I want being advisors to the President of the United States. And, make no mistake about it, Obama will put them all front and center if he gets in there. He's going to have to give them what they want as payback for the "assistance" he'd receive in getting elected, specifically them telling the black community to vote for him and them blindly obeying their leaders.

Sorry folks, I'm voting for McCain and today's announcement just further solidifies that position. I'm a Hillary Clinton supporter, just so we're clear. I'm pro choice, pro gay, pro gun, and pro speech and couldn't care less about McCain's or Palin's positions. What gives me comfort in my vote is that I know with 100% certainty that Jesse Jackson won't be the Secretary of State or Al Sharpton as the Attorney General. I am close friends with numerous members of the black community who feel the exact same way as I do. It's just the wrong candidate at the wrong time.

I prayed this morning on the issue and I know I've got Jesus standing right by my side.

I'm not voting for Barack Obama primarily because of his race. It's not that I'm against a slightly black person being President.

Excuse me dear,but methinks this sounds a taint bit racist.... :blink:

Incoming......

Slightly black....is that like being slightly pregnant?

I prayed this morning on the issue and I know I've got Jesus standing right by my side.

I hope he's watching your donkey too....

Excuse me dear,but methinks this sounds a taint bit racist.... :blink:
Incoming......
Slightly black....is that like being slightly pregnant?

It's not at all racist. I like Barack Obama. He's a nice person and I believe he truly means well. I simply don't like the self-proclaimed black leaders and what we all know they're going to do once he's in office. That's not me being racist...that's THEM being racist. They're being racist because they think that because Barack Obama is half-black that he is obligated to support their agenda. They're salivating over this guy being President.

Slightly black was my way of saying that Barack is an American of African and European descent. He's worked very hard during his political career to try to nail down his black credentials and yet he simply does not identify with the black race that has so embraced him. He's tried everything to try to shake the Sharptons and the Jacksons, much to his credit, but they won't allow him to be his own man. He wouldn't have that problem if he was Asian, Latino, White, or a mix thereof. The black "leaders" have put him in this position.

It truly is a shame that in 2008, an American man of African and European descent cannot run for President without being held back by the same old politics of the past. It's time to move forward and, unfortunately for Barack, they won't let that happen because of his race.

It truly is a shame that in 2008, an American man of African and European descent cannot run for President without being held back by the same old politics of the past. It's time to move forward and, unfortunately for Barack, they won't let that happen because of his race.

That most ironic part of your post is that your statement above applies equally to your position on the issue as well.

I'm not voting for Barack Obama primarily because of his race. It's not that I'm against a slightly black person being President. What I'm against are the self-proclaimed "leaders" of the black race, most of whom are 10 times as inexperienced and incompetent as some allege Sarah Palin to be, being in a position where they feel like they've got "one of their own" in the White House who will cow tow to their ridiculous demands. Specifically, I'm talking about Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, Quannell X, etc. They're not the kind of people I want being advisors to the President of the United States. And, make no mistake about it, Obama will put them all front and center if he gets in there. He's going to have to give them what they want as payback for the "assistance" he'd receive in getting elected, specifically them telling the black community to vote for him and them blindly obeying their leaders.

Sorry folks, I'm voting for McCain and today's announcement just further solidifies that position. I'm a Hillary Clinton supporter, just so we're clear. I'm pro choice, pro gay, pro gun, and pro speech and couldn't care less about McCain's or Palin's positions. What gives me comfort in my vote is that I know with 100% certainty that Jesse Jackson won't be the Secretary of State or Al Sharpton as the Attorney General. I am close friends with numerous members of the black community who feel the exact same way as I do. It's just the wrong candidate at the wrong time.

I'm sure Jesus is pleased that you have decided for him who is the best candidate. Barack Obama will not be beholden to any black leaders or anyone else for that matter because if he is elected it will not be the black vote that wins the election for him. I really am amazed at your level of ignorance when it comes to race. Didnt you hear on fox news when Jessie Jackson said he wanted to cut obama's nuts off. I do not think Obama will be calling on the Rev. Jackson for advice after that. You just do not sound very educated if you say "I'm pro choice, pro gay, pro gun, and pro speech" But you would vote for someone who is against most of those ideals. I prayed this morning also and I prayed for the education of those who think that they have God on their side of their own agenda everytime. It's like each team at a football team praying for God to be on their side and help them win.

Latest posts