Mechanic arrested for attempted sabotage of an airplane

Yes he did, and that is exactly what I said he did, admit to the sabotage. Never did I say he admitted to the terrorist act or any connections to them. It's not hype, it's not fake news, it is an investigation into possible terroristic motives and movements, so therefore there has been, so far, no charges or case brought against him at this time. If more evidence is found and compounded, then he will get more charges as they unravel.
Just for the mere fact that he did "in fact" admit to the sabotage in the first place, with video, I say hang his ass. Just because he is not admitting it now, because he is being charged means nothing to me. He and his attorneys are just looking for some sort of a loophole to try and get him off.
Until the 1890s, hanging was the primary method of execution used in the United States. Hanging is still used in Delaware and Washington, although both have lethal injection as an alternative method of execution. The last hanging to take place was January 25, 1996 in Delaware.

When the death penalty was restored in 1976, the states of Washington, Delaware and New Hampshire returned to hanging as an available method of execution. As of 2019, New Hampshire remains the only U.S. state to allow hanging as a secondary method of execution.

Until the 1890s, hanging was the primary method of execution used in the United States. Hanging is still used in Delaware and Washington, although both have lethal injection as an alternative method of execution. The last hanging to take place was January 25, 1996 in Delaware.

When the death penalty was restored in 1976, the states of Washington, Delaware and New Hampshire returned to hanging as an available method of execution. As of 2019, New Hampshire remains the only U.S. state to allow hanging as a secondary method of execution.
WTF is this from. I do not care about past history, nor did I ask for it, about hangings. I simply said hang this mother frucker for what he did. If you are that uneducated, simply means give him the max. Good God you PC people drive me nuts...

Reactions: scorpion 2
Caution... Remember the case of:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Jewell
Richard Jewell was innocent, died broke and alone because he did the right thing but became the easiest person to conveniently blame.
Before we get caught up in shiny objects; why don’t we look at what might make a person who reportedly chose to become a criminal before we conveniently make him a terrorist?
If the reports of his confession are what has been claimed to be: then the law should dictate what the appropriate penalty should be.
Over the last few decades, most of the early reports concerning things that have a “media based wide opportunity audience” usually have a whole lot less meat on the bones of those on whom they choose to feast.
Just sayin’....

Maybe the passengers on the aircraft should sentence him. I’m sure the parents of the children on board would say “oh he just needed some extra spending cash” let’s all chip in and give him some money.
I’m sure if the plane had to make an emergency landing they wouldn’t have felt terrorized.

Did Richard Jewel admit to doing anything like this guy did? Completely different set of circumstances.

WTF is this from. I do not care about past history, nor did I ask for it, about hangings. I simply said hang this mother frucker for what he did. If you are that uneducated, simply means give him the max. Good God you PC people drive me nuts...

Not that I'm PC, look , if the guy did terrorism and the government can prove it in the legal system then by all means prosecute and sentence him utilizing the justice system. But, for you to sit here behind your screen calling for the man to be "Hanged" , (especially in light of the FACT, hanging isn't method of execution in any state, save one) without any evidence other then media claims and sound bites, well, to me, that's bat **** crazy stuff and to me, sounds uneducated.

Now you go right ahead and make you outlandish posts talking ****. I'm done with this one.

Maybe the passengers on the aircraft should sentence him. I’m sure the parents of the children on board would say “oh he just needed some extra spending cash” let’s all chip in and give him some money.
I’m sure if the plane had to make an emergency landing they wouldn’t have felt terrorized.

Did Richard Jewel admit to doing anything like this guy did? Completely different set of circumstances.
BINGO! You beat me to it scorp. Silly PC'ers...

Not that I'm PC, look , if the guy did terrorism and the government can prove it in the legal system then by all means prosecute and sentence him utilizing the justice system. But, for you to sit here behind your screen calling for the man to be "Hanged" , (especially in light of the FACT, hanging isn't method of execution in any state, save one) without any evidence other then media claims and sound bites, well, to me, that's bat **** crazy stuff and to me, sounds uneducated.

Now you go right ahead and make you outlandish posts talking ****. I'm done with this one.
LMAO
Already explained to you once. My phrase "hang his ass" meant to give him the max. We all here know that hanging for justice no longer exist. Now this is twice I have explained this to you. And after the first time explaining to you that it's a figure of speech, you again try to educate us all that hanging no longer exist. So yes you are being PC. Talk about being uneducated...

Ive heard the plane aborted take off. But i do have question on this.. Was the plane at the start of takeoff roll when the warning messages lit up or did it light up just prior to actual take off roll

Good question robbed.
I remember reading that the Pilots were going through their checklist when the lights came on. But that does not mean it was accurate, just what some reporter reported in an article. Ground control would have all that. Also heard the recording of the Pilot telling tower or ground control that they had some warning light come on and that they would have to return to the gate. So either taxiing to runway, in line awaiting clearance, or indeed lined up and throttling for take off. Would be interesting to know exactly at what position they were at. I don't remember reading that they aborted an already started roll out for take off but again, so far, we are simply relying on what is reported in the media at this point.

Funny how people flip the switch so quickly. But I figured he was going plead not guilty, even after admitting to doing it. Now that stupid asse moron is going to cost taxpayers even more money. Maybe the prosecutor wasn't giving an inch and no deal was offered, therefore the not guilty plea...

Mechanic pleads not guilty in airliner sabotage case

The guy admitted to the sabotage, so that train left the station as far as presumed innocence.

At the time, I was willing to accept it as stupidity. The guy was a 1988 hire, and I assumed he came from Eastern or had lots of friends at Eastern where sabotage by the mechanics was actually happening between 1986 and 1991...

Those who looked at his name and ethnicity and made assumptions were called out as racists and Islamophobes.

But then this new info comes out.... and those who were called out might have actually been right.

If it's true he had pro-ISIS material, he deserves to have domestic terrorism charges added to the sabotage.

The guy admitted to the sabotage, so that train left the station as far as presumed innocence.

At the time, I was willing to accept it as stupidity. The guy was a 1988 hire, and I assumed he came from Eastern or had lots of friends at Eastern where sabotage by the mechanics was actually happening between 1986 and 1991...

Those who looked at his name and ethnicity and made assumptions were called out as racists and Islamophobes.

But then this new info comes out.... and those who were called out might have actually been right.

If it's true he had pro-ISIS material, he deserves to have domestic terrorism charges added to the sabotage.

Yes. Agree with all of it.
I was one that jumped on the name "before" this info came out about his ties to ISIS, his brother being a member of ISIS, and him having all the videos and documentation as well as sending info to kill non muslims, and of course sending the $700 bucks to someone in IRAQ.
I will also stick with one of my original assumptions, he was committing a terrorist attack in hopes the aircraft would go down, and using the contract dispute as an excuse, or as a way out (so he thought). Now, yes it would be unusual as those type generally like to admit fully to what they were doing, but hey, maybe not all.
If it really does come out as it was the contract nego's then the asso. might still be on the hook for something to come.

Before you make this guy a terrorist; simply prove that he is not a simple frustrated dumbass.