Mechanic arrested for attempted sabotage of an airplane

Before you make this guy a terrorist; simply prove that he is not a simple frustrated dumbass.
Not sure about frustrated, definitely a simple dumbass. Circumstancial evidence points to him being a radically simple dumbass.

He's a criminal. What degree of a criminal will be figured out via due process.

Before you make this guy a terrorist; simply prove that he is not a simple frustrated dumbass.
I understand what you are saying Boomer. The guy may not be a terrorist at all, however he did commit a terroristic act to an aircraft. And I will say again and support any investigations looking into it at all. What IF it was a test? What if the aircraft did take off? Better to be safe than sorry. I could care less about being PC.

My guess... they'll take the conviction they can get now and consider added charges later if the sentence is too light...

There are other nuances that come into play in this process that have been left out. This guy was coming off a double shift anyway, that makes the AMT in question not eligible for overtime. This is a rule that he understood. He wouldn't have been asked to work on that aircraft on OT anyway. Now that that excuse of needing extra money is debunked, what's left?

Just talked to 2 AMTs who transferred in and they mentioned that this guy wasn't known as a savvy AMT.

Because there are no consequences anymore. People drive like maniacs--if speed limit is 60, they drive 70+. If speed limit is 70, they drive 80+ Because there are no consequences to breaking the law. I'm sure we will find out that this (as you put it) piece of shite had a favorite toy taken away from him when he was a child. You can't also place consequences to adult actions on him. He's been treated unfairly since childhood. (not)

Ahhhh, Yes Jim, the "childhood" excuse route. Quite frankly I am sick and tired of the "what happened to me in my childhood" excuses. Poor-Poor me from 20,30,40 and 50 years ago. Good God move on. People that hold onto crap like that will die at a young age for anxiety and stress illnesses.
I got over all my childhood issues in my life. If I had not I would be doing life if not dead if I pulled all the snowflake, weak, and childhood excuses.