Mechanics Beware!

Hopeful

Veteran
Dec 21, 2002
It seems the TWU is worried about AMFA..(As they should be.)
Two TEAMSTER reps were at JFK yesterday morning spreading their schpiel.
They weren't too swift when hammered with questions.
It seems the TWU "encouraged" the Teamsters to get involved with the sole purpose of dilluting a vote with AMFA.

Beware!

There you go again trying to stir the pot.

No the IAM will not get involved, the IAM and the TWU are part of the AFL-CIO, which are both parties to a no raid clause.

And why do you care? Your a passenger, not an AA employee nor a union member, just trying to stir the pot again, huh Joshie?

Reactions: 1 person

No the IAM will not get involved, the IAM and the TWU are part of the AFL-CIO, which are both parties to a no raid clause.

And why do you care? Your a passenger, not an AA employee nor a union member, just trying to stir the pot again, huh Joshie?

Actually the IAM is already stirring the pot they are here getting cards from the ex TWA guys making them promises if their is a merger. BY the way 700 I had three IAM guys from Charlotte fly to DFW to try to get me to run the teamsters drive here they were working with the IBT to oust the IAM according to them they did not seem to think they could get it done so they wanted me to get the IBT in at AA so we could takeout the IAM in the event of a merger. Seems their is some bad blood between IAM & IBT/TWU. I told them you guys are all the same IBT/IAM/TWU and was not interested in getting in the middle of your pissing contest. but come to think of it losing the M&R group but keeping the Ramp & Stores might not be to bad for the IAM so you might want to speak softly about AMFA.

The AMFA/IBT debate stirs up all the time during contract negotiations, the IBT couldnt muster enough cards after the merger for a vote to be held. There are always a few disgruntled mechanics in the hangar trying to stir the pot and they have never succeeded yet.

The AMFA/IBT debate stirs up all the time during contract negotiations, the IBT couldnt muster enough cards after the merger for a vote to be held. There are always a few disgruntled mechanics in the hangar trying to stir the pot and they have never succeeded yet.

Like I said MERGER you will not be the majority anymore think about it.

It seems the TWU "encouraged" the Teamsters to get involved with the sole purpose of dilluting a vote with AMFA.

Beware!

If the Teamsters would of came to AFW about 6 months ago, they might have been able to sell me on the idea. Now that they have showed their hand as part of an anti-AMFA effort, I have no interest whats so ever.

Don't you mean the no accountability clause.

Beware!

Well at least the Teamsters don't lie 100% of the time like the TWU.

One point for IBT

I think if there was a merger the AA mechanics would vote for the IAM over the TWU in a heartbeat.

I think if there was a merger the AA mechanics would vote for the IAM over the TWU in a heartbeat.

I think the AA mechanics and related are sick and tired of industrial union deceit. I think any way AA decides to go, the AA people are going AMFA. They realize there is no difference between all 3 industrial unions. Why get rid of the TWU,to get iam,ibt that are proven liars and SCABS???????

Lets see how successful was AMFA at NW, AS and Horizon?

They failed, they were voted out at UA also. And their current CBAs have some of the highest outsourcing in the industry.

Lets see how successful was AMFA at NW, AS and Horizon?

They failed, they were voted out at UA also. And their current CBAs have some of the highest outsourcing in the industry.

The AMFA wasn't successful at NW only because your union, the IAM, scabbed them:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZ3-ONGgvT4
http://www.airlineforums.com/topic/21218-iam-really-is-a-scab-union/

Josh

Ah I see your clueless as usual.

NW hired a 1,000 mechanics as replacement workers, they were not IAM members nor supplied by the IAM.

If receipt and dispatch, air starts and cleaning broke AMFA, then you are truly ignorant if you think that.

The IAM Fleet service at NW performed more ancillary duties at more locations than AMFA represented employees did.

When AMFA went on strike, a new CBA was imposed, it removed receipt and dispatch and ancillary duties from the CBA, the language was all ready in the IAM FSA CBA that IAM ramp did those duties when not in conflict with the AMFA CBA, which it wasnt anymore.

IAM ramp did not fix planes nor overhaul them or their components.

So show me how parking, pushing, and doing air starts broke AMFA?

Also of the IAM ramp refused to do their jobs they would be disciplined up to termination for insubordination.

So mr who thinks he knows it all, please show us how the ramp broke AMFA?

And ALPA, the PFAA (AFA after) and the TWU represented employees all went to work and flew the planes.

You are truly trying to hard to discredit the IAM when you have no clue, whats a matter Joshie, got a girl who was an IAM member who rejected you? lol