Mechs get merged

Excerpt:
The Northwest mechanics group is made up of a combination of dues-paying members of the AMFA union and hundreds of others (SCABS) who include replacement SCABS workers during AMFA’s 15-month strike against Northwest that ended in 2006. AMFA represented the entire Northwest mechanics group in the seniority discussions, and the deal is subject to approval of Delta and AMFA members and leadership. The groups plan to meet the first week of January to sign the agreement.

If approved, the mechanics groups will be integrated based on length of service for technicians in certain job classifications and on company length of service for others. For Delta mechanics, it means integrating with a smaller group including some workers who are more junior than the Delta mechanics on the whole.

“I believe this is a very good agreement for all of our people,â€￾ wrote Delta’s president of technical operations, Tony Charaf.

One good thing; the scabs will all have less seniority than the Delta AMT's. I hope that Delta lays off back to 2005 seniority and all the scabs have to hit the street. Let them find a job with the scab logo burned into their soul.

The scab list is in every hand of all of us honorable who struck the carrier.

We are now spread far and wide, and are on the lookout for them applying.

Most of us are well respected at our new employers and our opinion carries considerable weight in hiring decisions.

In my case, it is part of my job to make those decisions...

The big question is..............why is AMFA representing all NW mechanics on the payroll...............including the very scabs that crossed AMFA's picket line ? :blink: WTH?

You obviously have no clue about the law as it pertains to labor unions and union representation.

I am not going to waste my time trying to explain it to you.

One good thing; the scabs will all have less seniority than the Delta AMT's. I hope that Delta lays off back to 2005 seniority and all the scabs have to hit the street. Let them find a job with the scab logo burned into their soul.

The scab list is in every hand of all of us honorable who struck the carrier.

We are now spread far and wide, and are on the lookout for them applying.

Most of us are well respected at our new employers and our opinion carries considerable weight in hiring decisions.

In my case, it is part of my job to make those decisions...
Only one problem with that wish. All of the 2005 guys are in MSP and DTW. The only way they would all hit the street is if AMT's from other stations choose to move there. I don't see that happening. If there are any layoff, a bunch of higher time guys will get effected at other stations and I doubt many would move.

I dont know about that. I now have 300 more mechanics above me and 200 below on the list.
So, what you're saying is that not only did the scabs take the NW amts jobs, but during the next industry downturn, they will be displacing the DL amts jobs also? :blink:

You obviously have no clue about the law as it pertains to labor unions and union representation.

I am not going to waste my time trying to explain it to you.

Listen here Tech..................I could really give a rats ### about labor unions and representation because in the end they take pay-cuts and lose jobs just like everyone else.......................PERIOD!

And straight from the horses mouth, President of Tech Op's At DELTA AIRLINES, was asked by a NW mechanic "How long before I can bid to other stations or shops?" To which the reply was , " As of right now, BECAUSE of union representation and until the AMFA situation is decided one way or another, You CAN NOT bid out of your current position"!

Now I think even a blind man could see that according to this statement that NO NW employee , Origianal NW mechanic or SCAB, can bid because of AMFA ! So in essence the scabs are under AMFA's umbrella ! And it's my understanding that all the pay and benefits AMFA employees recieve, the Scabs recieve also ! Of course minus union dues !

But thanks for re-enforcing my beliefs that unions are a thing of the past and that they prohibit productivity and competitiveness ! :shock:

Listen here Tech..................I could really give a rats ### about labor unions and representation...

You posted this in your previous post:

The big question is..............why is AMFA representing all NW mechanics on the payroll...............including the very scabs that crossed AMFA's picket line ? blink.gif WTH?

Then you go off some anti-union rant quoting some Delta VP blaming AMFA for the woes at Delta. I thought you were a baggage handler?

All the above is why I will not try to educate you on the legal aspects of labor and union representation as it pertains to the Mechanic and Related classification at NWA and Delta.

Continue to believe everything the Delta VP's tell you.

They have your best interest in mind...

Could the AMT ranks be cleansed of the Scabs by voting against representation? That would permit DL to release the now-employees at will, dishonorable fly-by-night wrenches. After the cleansing was complete, another vote could be held to organize.

You posted this in your previous post:

Then you go off some anti-union rant quoting some Delta VP blaming AMFA for the woes at Delta. I thought you were a baggage handler?

All the above is why I will not try to educate you on the legal aspects of labor and union representation as it pertains to the Mechanic and Related classification at NWA and Delta.

Continue to believe everything the Delta VP's tell you.

They have your best interest in mind...

Well good luck Tech ! Yes I'm an AMT and you can go ahead and say Buh-Bye to your union because it ain't gonna fly at DELTA airlines ! :shock:

And it's a YES or NO question ! No need for union rhetoric or 1000's of pages of contracts or any other 'round about way you want to answer it !

Are the scabs that crossed AMFA's picket line, now represented by AMFA ? Yes or NO ? :blink: