Meet the Qatar Airways guy who wants a piece of AAL.

what's the shocker? that is their culture. the man doesn't know better and brags about it..

i see qatar f/as all the time. various ethnicities. very diverse (which i guess is the only way to go in today's world) but not so diverse, in that they are all model material.

huffington post would have a problem with this story. on one hand, you have an airline from an arab/muslim nation that flies predominantly indians to/from the usa. obviously, the white-privileged ceos of usa airlines & trump administration need to stunt qatar's heart-warming success story. the narrative is that qatar is an example of what the usa 'keeps down'.

on the other hand, qatar airlines is the epitome of a culture that prizes youthful/beautiful women and that these women should only be seen, not heard. we will make fun of usa carriers' f/as.

similar to the story of the muslim teen girl murdered by an illegal immigrant. 2 groups on a protected list and when one harms the other, huffington post has a brain freeze and can't get the right handle on the story..so, they ignore it.

to me, the best thing out of the dispute between the ME3 x aa/dl/ua was the ME3's top attorney tacitly admitting the subsidies, but comparing that to usa airlines getting subsidies in the form and shape of BK legislation.

American Airlines says it will end codeshare relationships with the Middle East carriers Qatar Airways and Etihad Airways.

American said it notified the two carriers of the decision on June 29, more than a week before Qatar Airways CEO Akbar Al-Baker made widely-condemned insulting statements about U.S. airlines and flight attendants.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tedree...atar-airways-and-etihad-airways/#674a079670cf