merger could come in 2 weeks

robbedagain

Veteran
Oct 13, 2003
Visit site
according to reuters article on www.justplanenews.com there has been progress made so far and only sticking points left to resolve are mgmt and valuation though the deal could still fall apart the people said it is less likely that the amr would emerge on its own

Reactions: 1 person
according to reuters article on www.justplanenews.com there has been progress made so far and only sticking points left to resolve are mgmt and valuation though the deal could still fall apart the people said it is less likely that the amr would emerge on its own
Affected labor unions would be wise to get ahead of the wave and start campaigning. Accountability and representation elections will most likely follow an official merger. Much at stake for individual unions who continue to see a decline in membership.

OMG, The BIG announcement is always just 2 weeks away. How many times have we heard this?? I just hope this time, the 2 weeks turns out to be true.. Good thing we are not holding our breath. I'm 95% sure it will happen this time.

From everything IM reading, it looks as if US Airways will be merged into the NEW AMERICAN coming out of bankruptcy. There will be no more US Air as a company. This matters to older US Airways employees because when she goes away the PBGC will allow those eligible to start their retirement benefit. ;)

Have my PBGC paper work laying in front of me ..... ready to mail.

Don't know your circumstance, but once you start PBGC that is the rate you will get for the rest of your life. Be sure you know what you are getting and that you can live with that forever. No cost of living raises ever. No rate changes ever.

What you get depends on your age when you start payments. The longer you delay, the larger the amount. Forever.

Good Luck!

Thanks! With us, (US Air other employee's) it's set. On request the PBGC will send you your specific's. Example someone with 13 years service in the covered plan would receive around $800 per month age 55-62, and then it drops to say $550 per month from age 62 until death. It's not a lot but when you're busting your butt to get enough in your 401k's to squeak out a retirement income it helps. We will have to use PBGC, Social Security, our 401k and crossed our fingers.

Can you please send me a pm in regard of how to get the paperwork....
Thx
Better yet... could you share and post contact information for the PBGC. I believe many would be interested in researching their options if this comes to pass.

Thanks! With us, (US Air other employee's) it's set. On request the PBGC will send you your specific's. Example someone with 13 years service in the covered plan would receive around $800 per month age 55-62, and then it drops to say $550 per month from age 62 until death. It's not a lot but when you're busting your butt to get enough in your 401k's to squeak out a retirement income it helps. We will have to use PBGC, Social Security, our 401k and crossed our fingers.

My suggestion. If you ( like me ) plan on collecting that PBGC money and still wish to work, then you have a catchup with the feds of about 25% per year that you can add to your 401K. Use that money as a supplement to your 401k. It would be a great savings that wouldnt change your monthly taxable income.

Latest posts