Merger likely would keep airline name United

Status
Not open for further replies.
This article is a joke...US has a better RAP sheet on the Finances than United...why would CO back off...UA isn't growing...US is GROWING...if anything United is a laggard right now compared to US and CO who has widebodies on delivery and narrowbodies replacing the aging 737-300s.

Public relations and branding experts say that's because the United brand is more established worldwide than US Airways, and has a better reputation.

"United Airlines is larger, and its brand is older and more established. It carries longevity and credibility that may resonate more broadly, particularly in hub markets like Washington, and Chicago."

Public Relations is all about spinning the numbers and information it's all hogwash except for the reputation...they're probably dead right.

"United Airlines is mulling asking its banks to rejig the terms of its credit facility in an effort to get crucial financial flexibility, the Financial Times reported."

United Airlines may ask for credit revision article

The only one that will make out on this "transaction, is Doug and the impotent united management. US Airways employees should fight this.

Merger likely would keep airline name United

In other news...

Mars would not be cold

VCR sales to decline

Are you really surprised?!? It seems that a lot of people have been wanting to merge with UAL for years. Ask yourself this.....do any of your coworkers seem happy about a UAL merger? From what I've heard, it's a resounding YES. I haven't met one happy UAL employee.

fyi - it's not the US employees that I have a problem with. I'm against losing my seniority.

The government has yet to approve the DL / Northwest merger.
Is there still a chance the government might kill these large mergers?

Are you really surprised?!? It seems that a lot of people have been wanting to merge with UAL for years. Ask yourself this.....do any of your coworkers seem happy about a UAL merger? From what I've heard, it's a resounding YES. I haven't met one happy UAL employee.

fyi - it's not the US employees that I have a problem with. I'm against losing my seniority.

What a unique perspective.

This was a duplicate thread the topic of which should have been discussed in the merger thread. Since we now have dupes I am closing this and all discussion can be consolidated onto the new master merger thread I just started.

People, PLEASE check to see if there is already a thread on the topic you wish to discuss before starting new threads.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back